Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday ride invite 07.28.09 - Wasatch Crest to Mill D

Tuesday ride invite 07.28.09 - Wasatch Crest to Mill D

Meet at the Mill D parking area right across from the donut falls turn off, right up BCC. This is another classic Utah ride. Don't miss it.

5:30 PM

Info: http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/wasatch.htm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm excited for this one!
    Are we there yet?

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I have been told this is a MUST guess I will be there

im all in
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

I was planning on a different trail but I'll drop anything for this one.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Won't be able to make it.

Definitely in. This is one of my favorite trails.
    Outside is the best side

I'll try to make it. It all depends on if I can get my front rim straightened, went over my handlebars this weekend turning on a tight switchback and bent my rim a bit.

Sweet! I think I can make this one!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Dang! I forgot I have a mid-season club trailwork report/planning meeting with the Forest Service Tuesday night. I soooo wanted to do this!
    Are we there yet?

I totally miss all the Tuesday night rides, but this one REALLY has me green.

I will be there

I will be there! Bring your climbing legs. It is only a mile and a half but it will be hot!!!
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

Hello, I'm new here, How do I join the ride group if you don't mind me asking. I took a buddy on the Wasatch Crest ride this last sunday, was a great ride! Has anyone on here done the Wasatch Crest where it goes to Dog lake, down millcreek to the pipeline and down Rattlesnake gulch? I was thinking of doing that this weekend. Good ride? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nd11nc
    Hello, I'm new here, How do I join the ride group if you don't mind me asking. I took a buddy on the Wasatch Crest ride this last sunday, was a great ride! Has anyone on here done the Wasatch Crest where it goes to Dog lake, down millcreek to the pipeline and down Rattlesnake gulch? I was thinking of doing that this weekend. Good ride? Thanks
    Just show up and your in the game. Hope to see you.

I've done that one several times. The only real negative to that route is the 10-15 minute hike a bike up the connector from Mill D up to Dog Lake. Depending on my mood I'll either do that or instead of dropping down the trail to Desolation Lake you can stay right at the fork right after the Spine. After a short climb it is basically all descending down Great Western to the connection with Little Water and then continue with the route down Millcreek. There's a chance I might do that one tonight if I can convince my wife to drop me off at the top of Guardsmans, we'll see how that goes. Or I might try to get in on the group ride if that works out.

Are you guys shuttling to the very top of Guardsman's and riding the Crest Connector? If you haven't done that I'd highly recommend it over parking at the corner and slogging up the doubletrack to the base of Puke Hill. More, fun, more scenic, better warmup, etc.

Thanks for the info Catch22. Sounds like taking the R after the spine would be a bit more fun on the down hill. All I have time to do is Little Cottonwood trail tonight after work, but I hope to catch up with the group soon for my maiden voyage with you all.
    GO!

Thanks for the info Catch22. Sounds like taking the R after the spine would be a bit more fun on the down hill. All I have time to do is Little Cottonwood trail tonight after work, but I hope to catch up with the group soon for my maiden voyage with you all.
    Yeah, it all depends on the day for me. If you've already done the out and back on Big Water before in Millcreek I'd highly recommend trying the other option out. There are several cool overlooks into the Park City area on the way down Great Western and a few fun technical sections. The rest is pretty fast and flowy. Going down Desolation and Mill D are a blast too but sometimes sucks to get the downhill flow broken up with the hike back up to Dog Lake, especially if Big Water ends up being a crowded mess. Usually I save Mill D for days when I've got a shuttle waiting at the bottom.