Thread: What are your plans this weekend (24th)?

What are your plans this weekend (24th)?

This weekend is a holiday in Utah. What does everyone have planed for the holiday or just general weekend plans?

I am probably headed to the Moab area on Thursday night with my two boys (6 & 3). I plan to explore dirt roads around Moab and up in the La Sal mountains. We will be camping along the way and exploring anything that we can find. Any suggestions would also be accepted.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Even though it's not a holiday weekend up here - I'll be fishing for King salmon out of either Port Angeles or Port Townsend.

Rafting down Green River through Splitmountain, should be fun

Circle burners (Sprint cars) Saturday night.... not sure about the rest.

Going to Oshkosh again (Cirrus2000 will understand).

Rob

Re: What are your plans this weekend (24th)?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    This weekend is a holiday in Utah. What does everyone have planed for the holiday or just general weekend plans?
    What's the holiday celebrating? We don't have a holiday here, but I'm taking tomorrow & Friday off to go do a 4 day backpacking/canyoneering trip down the Kaweah river. I'm excited!!!

Here a few pictures from my friend's last trip:
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Randi that looks like fun!!! I want to come.

Headed to Kenny Chesny tomorrow night. Then up to Pineview Dam for the weekend, waterskiing, sunning, camping, and I am going to find a new mtn bike trail... think I will try the Southern Skyline trail up to Lewis Peak and over to the divide. Be gone until sometime Monday night.

Re: What are your plans this weekend (24th)?

Quote Originally Posted by Randi
    What's the holiday celebrating?
    It is a holiday called "Pioneer Day". It celebrates the arrival of the first group of Mormon pioneers to the Salt Lake Valley after having been forced to flee Illinois (mob violence) and Missouri (extermination order from Governer Boggs). Kind of a beginning of Utah sort of thing. It is a day of celebration and remembrance for members of the Mormon faith where we reflect on the sacrifices the pioneers made for their faith and the strength they showed to organize and colonize a very difficult and harsh area, Utah.
    Life is Good

Oh and as for your plans, Randi, it looks dangerous..... I wouldn't do it.....

Actually looks like a blast. Have fun and please post some photos and a TR.
    Life is Good

...moving. yuck!
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Camping in Wyoming with the fam... Aunts, Uncles, Couzins, Couzins kids....

Ought to be a great time.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

I have a busy weekend!
    Going to take my little guy down to the river today for some sun and a picnic. I perform tonight at our Carbondale Mountain Fair (very nervous). Tomorrow I have school shopping, then going to see The Hillbilly Hellcats at Mountain Fair in the evening. Rafting on Sunday...........I'm already exhausted. Somewhere in there, I have to do laundry and drink beer.

I am making my famous pickles. For this I have purchased horseradish roots.

I am also supposed to go to the beach tomorrow with my friend and his kids but it all depends on how I am going to feel. One of my co-workers is down with the Swine Flu so I might be carrying it as well. Not sure if we want to risk it with the little ones.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Thinking about heading up onto Grand Mesa tomorrow for a few hours.
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L
    Going to Oshkosh again (Cirrus2000 will understand).
    Ooooh - nice. Never been. Have a great time!

I'm working an early day shift on Saturday (5:30 AM start) then the midnight that night (back at 10:30 PM). In between, I'll be putting the finishing touches on packing up the entire contents of the house - almost. Everything else will be taken to the in-laws house on Sunday. Sunday night, we sleep on foamies.

Monday, off to Harrison Hot Springs Hotel and Resort:

Pool for the kids:

Pool for us:

Spa:

We come home Friday, and take possession of our new house - let the painting and unpacking begin!!!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Yeah congrats on the new house! You will need another vacation when you are done unpacking.