Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bogley Fantasy Football 2009

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    I explained the Probable and questionable dealio
    Probable and questionable were not the problem.... he had a RB and a TE that were active on BYE weeks, and sitting on his bench he had an 11 point RB and a 12 point TE.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....18111/3?week=5

You probably need to explain that he can set his rooster several weeks ahead if he wants. You also might want to explain free agents to him, he has a couple of major dogs on his team.....

So long as the guy is making an honest effert I'm happy....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have set my roster ahead to week 10 (twice!) and then the next time I log in the changes are not set? WTF?! Anybody else having this prob?

Don't even talk to me about Brady throwing 6 TD's in the snow!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I have set my roster ahead to week 10 (twice!) and then the next time I log in the changes are not set? WTF?! Anybody else having this prob?

Don't even talk to me about Brady throwing 6 TD's in the snow!
    There isn't a commissioner setting for this so maybe its just Yahoo being weird? I haven't expereinced any lineup problems but I only set mine a week ahead.

Yep, thank heavens Brady threw all of those touchdown to MOSS. Another close year, top 5 teams have the same record and only a game seperates the other 5.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Nope... I set my team ahead all the time with no problems..... but you have to start at the current week and go forward... if you work backwards it will change your players to the current pick. also make sure you hit save rooster button.... FWIW I use the "classic" settings so things could be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Who the hell is the "Irish Assassins"?
    So... can we finally get someone in who will manage this team? This week he is playing 2 BYE's and a player who is out.... he has a bunch of points sitting on the bench.... the management of this team is a joke.

I'ved been bitching about getting someone to run this team for 4 weeks.... It's time to replace this dude!!!!!

Who the hell is the "Irish Assassins"?
    So... can we finally get someone in who will manage this team? This week he is playing 2 BYE's and a player who is out.... he has a bunch of points sitting on the bench.... the management of this team is a joke.

I'ved been bitching about getting someone to run this team for 4 weeks.... It's time to replace this dude!!!!!

I've talked to him about it a few times and he says he will. I believed him.

I've adjusted his roster for week 8 and will adjust for week 9. I looked thru the settings and I don't see anyway to transfer ownership to another email address. So from what I can see the only way to manage his team is for me to set his roster each week.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Looks like you will need to at least check his line up each week...

That appears to be the best we can do.... I don't think the team needs to be aggressively manage. You could actually use the "recommended Yahoo line up" feature each week. That takes about 1 minute and does a reasonable job.

Please note that teams can only be accessed by signing in with the Yahoo! IDs used to create them. Therefore, if you create teams for these managers, you'd need to complete any roster changes and transactions for the rest of the season. You cannot transfer teams to other Yahoo! IDs if these managers later gained computer access.

Irish Assasins

So, I leave the lineup as it was for week 8 and then manage for week 9? For week 8 I put in the people that most of us would have left in our lineup. Such as Reggie Wayne and Maurice Jones Drew.

If it's okay to let it stand for week 8 why not let it stand for the other teams that are going to play him? I'm not sure what is fair here. He actually has a pretty good team and the two weeks that he managed his team he won.

It's a pain in the ass to manage the lineup. I figure there are a couple of options. I can go and reset his lineup for the past 8 weeks and it affects what it affects or I can manage it from here on out but that may negatively affect the teams that haven't played him yet. For example the difference between 1st place thru 9th place is only a couple of wins and most of us in the top 3-4 have played him once already and even play him again before the season is over.

It's a league decision. I'll do whatever everybody decides. I suggest that I manage his team via commish tools but who decides what the optimal team is and when i start the lineup managing?

I apologize for inviting him, he was gun ho and wanted to learn so I thought what the hell. When I talk to him about managing his teams he says he will and listens to my advice but this only lasted for a week. WTF.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Nov 1 9:03pm Lineup changed for team 'Irish Assassins' for week 8
    You can not change a line up AFTER the game has been played! That is bullshit.... we all set our line up partly based on what the other guy does.

I'm sure we would all like to go back and change our line up AFTER the game to the optimal line up....

If this bullshit is allowed to stand than why not go back and change the team to the optimal line up for all past games played?

I've been bitching to the comish about Irish Assassins for the past 4 weeks, you have had plenty of time to correct this problem... back dating a line up is bullshit.

If line ups are allowed to be changed AFTER a game is played you can just delete my team from this bullshit league.....

Nov 1 9:03pm Lineup changed for team 'Irish Assassins' for week 8
    You can not change a line up AFTER the game has been played! That is bullshit.... we all set our line up partly based on what the other guy does.

I'm sure we would all like to go back and change our line up AFTER the game to the optimal line up....

If this bullshit is allowed to stand than why not go back and change the team to the optimal line up for all past games played?

I've been bitching to the comish about Irish Assassins for the past 4 weeks, you have had plenty of time to correct this problem... back dating a line up is bullshit.

If line ups are allowed to be changed AFTER a game is played you can just delete my team from this bullshit league.....

I only changed his line-up because you requested it. I figured you were really confident and would rather have a close game than a blow-out. My Bad. I agree it's bullshit and it would piss me off but I thought that was what you wanted.

I know he's not managing his team but there aren't alot of options. I've tried to get him to manage his team, he's not. What do you want me to do? I'll reset his line-up to what it was sunday morning and ask him to manage his team again. If he doesnt what do I do?

Is it fair to the other teams that have yet to play him to have to play me and my excellent fantasy skill team managment? I can make his team a winner by some pretty minor changes. I'll adjust the lineup back to what it was Sunday morning and I'll wait to see what everyone says about his team before I do anything else.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Please don't touch his lineup when he plays me.

My suggestion to be "fair" as possible.... just set his starting lineup to the way it was.... which is basically what everyone to date has now competed against. This would mean those who benefit from bye's are just the luck of the draw, which is what has happened to date. With the situation we are now in I don't see any other way to be more fair than just let him keep "managing" the team as he has.

If I had of known there was no way of taking the team away from him I would have just kept my mouth shout and lived with it. There used to be a way to "co-manage" a team but that is now gone.

Sorry for being a pain in the ass....

I now see why someone else got the spot over the beaners...an easy walk through for everyone!!! LOL! I want back in next year!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    I now see why someone else got the spot over the beaners...an easy walk through for everyone!!! LOL! I want back in next year!
    BS. I sent you an invite twice. You knew about it for weeks and failed to sign up. I know you were just afraid of my MAD FF skillz!

We'll make sure you're in next year.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

you were just afraid of my MAD FF skillz!
    So..... when do we get to see these Mad skillz?!?!?

you were just afraid of my MAD FF skillz!
    So..... when do we get to see these Mad skillz?!?!?

Owned!

Ah...it feels good to back on top. I can't believe rex is going to beat sarah. Her team has been stacked since the beginning and then bam. One bad week and it looks like rex will win. Another close year with the 3rd lowest point total taking first or second. crazy.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

My team went down hill when I lost Ronnie Brown.

And TWICE this year I lost games by less than one point!

But it has been fun....