Thread: BogleyFest 09 ~ Echo/Subway/Not- Mystery

BogleyFest 09 ~ Echo/Subway/Not- Mystery

I was a little bummed not to have camped with the group and spent more time "outside" of the canyons with everyone, but I had the BEST time hanging out with those landowners up near Ponderosa! Thanks Tim, Bill and Nicki for being great hosts! Wonderful views from up there! And what a nice comfy shed you have!

With a 50% chance of rain predicted for Friday, we bailed on our Imlay plans, and did Echo from the top instead, which incidentally you can walk to from the 3 amigo's place. 20 minutes or so to the 400' drop in! SWEET!

I took video of the synchronized rope toss, and the little incident, which ensued. It scared the crap out of me, but in retrospect was pretty funny! Enjoy! And ignore my gay laugh I don’t usually sound that way! :/\r\n\r\nAlso took another couple of videos of Matt and Ryan doing their best to stay dry. They did a great job of calculating their bodily trajectory path, which saved them from getting wet!\r\n\r\nFriday night hung out at the Whiptail grill, meeting new folks & re-connecting with old friends. Next day I did Subway with 11 others. It was a wonderful day, with some great people. Thanks Bo for picking up the permit! This canyon had eluded me somehow and this was the first time I’d ever done it. Chere, you were a LOT of fun! Shaun, it was great to hang out again, and to meet your lovely wife Jennifer. Paul, it was nice to see a Cali person on board. Scott, Hank, Deanpaul, nice to chat with you all, and it was great hanging with my friend Felicia’s awesome kids Julie and Michael as well as Michael’s girlfriend Maria. The hike isn’t nearly as heinous as I thought it was going to be & the canyon was stunning to say the least.\r\n\r\nShout out to JZ of Zion Adventures for letting us hang out and party at his place on Sat. night. And to Tanya of course for organizing, and doing her best to accommodate everyone, even to the point of giving up her spot on Subway, not once, not twice, but THREE times as plans changed. Tanya, you’re a sweetheart! I don’t remember buying you any beer, so I owe you one!\r\n\r\nI was supposed to do Mystery on Sunday, but it was HOT, and I had heard from some folks that Mystery was totally dry except for the spring, and I decided that without water to play in, I just wasn’t that interested. My check engine light had come on and I was concerned about that so I headed home after the party on Sat. night. I drove until I got tired, then found a place to pull over about 30 minutes shy of Vegas. \r\n\r\nAfter another “incident”, I was on the road again at 4AM, home at 8AM. Spent a nice Sunday with the family…\r\n\r\nPix:

http://picasaweb.google.com/advntrinxs/ZionBogleyTrip#

Movies:

Unil next time! \r\nHappy canyoneering everyone!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    "Just like a sauna... just cold water" - Bo Beck

That was freezing! Bo I have no idea where you sit in a sauna but NO tha is not like a sauna.

Those are some really nice pictures, I had a great time in Englestead and Mystery (really enjoyed the foliage) but after seeing your pics though, I hope to go through the Subway next trip to Zions.
    -Mike

that rope toss. and the stick breaking he has more balls then I do... i wouldn't have gone out there.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>