Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tour de France 2009

Tour de France 2009

So what.... am I the only person on this forum watching the Tour de France?

This is fun.... Lance is back..... and todays race was sweet.... I won't spoil it for those of you that have to watch the rerun tonight..... but today was great.... not the usual giant pack and sprint to the finish line you normally get on a flat stage.

I'll be up at the crack o' dawn tomorrow to watch the team time trail which is one of my favorite events. Good to see it back after a four year absence.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm a Tour junkie, too! Today's stage finish was amazing. Kudos to Lance for being attentive and motoring out with the late breakaway. Props also to my man Hincapie for getting Cavendish to the line. Maybe I've always liked Hincapie because he's a tall, lanky guy like me. This is his 14th Tour!
    Are we there yet?

I wish it would start raining I enjoy watching them ride in the weather. Also excited for the team time trials

LOVE the Tour! Watch it every day - usually twice! ONce in the morning and then again when my husband gets home! haha...

We were fortunate enough to be on the Champs'Elysee (sp?) when Lance won his sixth race.. that was awesome!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I too am a big tour follower, can't wait to see wat Astana does with all the weapons they have and who comes out to be the leader? Can lance do it one last time or is contador gonna shine and Lance stick to his guns and just be a volounteer and a work horse? What a great tour this year!@!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

The team Time Trial today was fun to watch... I will not post a spoiler for those who are planning to watch it tonight.

Interesting in the pre-race interview when Lance said something to the effect of.... maybe this team has more than one leader....

So when do they hit the first mountain stage?

Anyone who thinks that Lance is there to ride in support of anyone is fooling themselves. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and everything, but he is nobody's domestique. Read his book if you haven't already. Lot's of insight into who he is and what life is about to him. Basically, he's on this planet to kick everybody's butt in the Tour de France.

Typically, the mountain stages are in the 2nd week of the race. I love watching those. It's where the real men come to the top of the pile.

Do they still do the Tour de France? I thought Lance Armstrong retired.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

So I went and looked it up.... The first three high mountian stages are Friday, Saturday and Sunday...

And I just noticed this little tid-bit.... [i]Mont Ventoux on the day before the Champs-

[quote=Iceaxe][i]Mont Ventoux on the day before the Champs-
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

I just read that Lance Armstrong is doing the race this year. That kind of kills the comment I had made, but in my defense I don't really have television so I had no idea.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I just read that Lance Armstrong is doing the race this year. That kind of kills the comment I had made, but in my defense I don't really have television so I had no idea.
    I actually thought that your previous comment was a great jab at washed up athletes that come back out of retirement. Admitting that you had no idea is just not cool man.

I got to watch the DVR'd recording of the tour late last night after I got home from our group ride. I loved this stage! Was it just me or did it seem Lance was at the head of the eschalon more than anyone else? I was happy to see Dave Z. crack the top ten overall standings but once they hit the mountains, that won't last.
    Are we there yet?

Yes Tallsteve, I think LA knew from the team car that there was a solid chance at yellow and took some long pulls.

Have watched everyday. Some live, some TiVo..... It has been a GREAT first 5 days.

Interested to see how LA holds up in the mountains & think it is Contador's race to lose.

That said, GO LANCE!

Bring on the mountains tommorow!! If lance goes on to win he will have done what no other sports figures have done when they made a return, WIN. not jordan, etc this will pencil him in as possibly the best athelete out there. Alegedly..

Mountains up next.....

I'm psyched!
    Are we there yet?

Getting i nteresting for astana, is lance here for the support or will he want to take over now that he is.... OH wait I will not spoil it for those who don't know the outcome of the first mtn stage today. Was pretty good!

Cavs is wicked fast..... C-H is working amazing for him at the end of the sprint stages....

Good to see Farrar show some emotion when just losing today..... That has to be frustrating to be that close on a stage that you could win.....

Back from WA.....watched today's TiVo'd tour.....DAMMIT. Though I guess not really a surprise, I sure did REALLY want Lance to surprise.

Alberto is a MAD CLIMBER. Still really hope Lance can dig deep and pull podium.....I am not betting on top 5. Kloden pulled him the entire last 10K or whatever it was and dropped him at the end.