Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Question About SUVs and Off-Road

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide
    i doubt that you are going to find a vehicle capable of getting into the maze that gets 28 mpg. certainly never in 4wd.

we have a forester as a second vehicle and i find it difficult to get in and out of. the steering wheel doesnt tilt. i don't think i'd give it a chance of getting around teapot on the way to the dolls house.

going to have to make some compromises. do you want mileage, or do you want to get into the real out of the way places? can't have cake and eat it too.

and, there's no way to look cool on a scooter.
    Yes, compromise. Believe me, I WANT an FJ like I want a Cirrus SR22, but I am saddened to accept that it might not be a realistic choice for me. To go to the Maze, I may end up being a lowly Jeep renter. In the mean time, I still need a new vehicle, since my Grand Am is getting long in the tooth, and I still need ideas about what my next vehicle might be.
    Grand Cherokee?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark

Grand Cherokee?
    Abby and I just bought her a used one - 120,000 miles. She loves it, but I would be in the market for something newer, maybe showroom new, since I drive so much more than she does. I have thought about it. Grand Cherokees are pretty pricey. The 2010s are supposed to be available with a flex fuel engine. It's on the long list, for sure.

My wifes car is a 03 forester (this will be the second Subaru that we have owned the first was a 93 Impreza sedan that we sold at 215K) and we love it. The AWD is great and we have had it down some double track trails without any issues. currently we are at 110K and have had 0 problems with it (other than windshields - Damn Semis). If you are looking for something that will get good MPG and has no problems with getting off the beaten path I would say a Subi is the way to go.

Our Subi has a tilt steering wheel so it isn't hard to get in and out of even if I don't use it and I am 6'4".
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

I have a Jeep Wrangler with the 4-banger in it. It goes anywhere and gets pretty good milage. You can get newer used ones for a very good price.