Thread: ROCKGREMLIN 53 GNATS 0

ROCKGREMLIN 53 GNATS 0

The past week I've been hitting some hiking trails around Moab after work. The first time I went out I got MAULED by the gnats. They are out in force right now. If you're headed down south for the 4th, beware the gnats!! Anyway, I have been told that the best product to use for gnats is Avon's "Skin-so-Soft" Bug Guard with SPF. Well, I used it the first time I went out, and the gnats thought it was syrup cause they swarmed me nonstop.

Today I went out and decided to use a different approach. I used the same product (Avon's Skin-so-soft Bug Guard Plus, with SPF 30), but this time instead of applying it lightly and rubbing it in, I sprayed a VERY HEAVY coating of the stuff over all exposed skin, and DID NOT RUB IT IN. My skin appeared wet with the stuff after application, and I carried the bottle with me on my hike, re-applying heavily every 20-30 minutes. The result was amazing. The gnats would land on my skin but the application was so thick that the gnats just stuck there and couldn't fly away...and the chemicals killed them almost instantly. At the end of my hike, I looked like human fly paper -- dead gnats were coated all over my exposed skin. I laughed giddily as I counted 53 dead gnats over my arms, neck and face....and NOT ONE SINGLE BITE!!!!

I highly recommend this product if going out of doors down south this weekend...but just be aware that you have to apply it quite heavily to see any results.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: ROCKGREMLIN 53 GNATS 0

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    The past week I've been hitting some hiking trails around Moab after work. The first time I went out I got MAULED by the gnats. They are out in force right now. If you're headed down south for the 4th, beware the gnats!! Anyway, I have been told that the best product to use for gnats is Avon's "Skin-so-Soft" Bug Guard with SPF. Well, I used it the first time I went out, and the gnats thought it was syrup cause they swarmed me nonstop.

Today I went out and decided to use a different approach. I used the same product (Avon's Skin-so-soft Bug Guard Plus, with SPF 30), but this time instead of applying it lightly and rubbing it in, I sprayed a VERY HEAVY coating of the stuff over all exposed skin, and DID NOT RUB IT IN. My skin appeared wet with the stuff after application, and I carried the bottle with me on my hike, re-applying heavily every 20-30 minutes. The result was amazing. The gnats would land on my skin but the application was so thick that the gnats just stuck there and couldn't fly away...and the chemicals killed them almost instantly. At the end of my hike, I looked like human fly paper -- dead gnats were coated all over my exposed skin. I laughed giddily as I counted 53 dead gnats over my arms, neck and face....and NOT ONE SINGLE BITE!!!!

I highly recommend this product if going out of doors down south this weekend...but just be aware that you have to apply it quite heavily to see any results.
    I guess thats better than the usual cream you apply heavily on your body.....
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Re: ROCKGREMLIN 53 GNATS 0

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    I guess thats better than the usual cream you apply heavily on your body.....
    Does that work too?