Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab Bogley Fest - Nov 6-8, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Ryebrye
    Would pliedes be flowing in november? Assuming an adequately equipped group (dry suits etc) would ice be an issue?

I've thought for a while of doing canyons with icey approaches and water not quite frozen, but I havent figured out how to mix crampons with drysuits... one slight trip might lead to a cold bady day :)

I wish I had known about onion creek earlier :) I was burning up in devils garden yesterday :)
    Have tried to do it once the end of October, and the year earlier on Thanksgiving. Both times had a small icy film everywhere. SCARRRRYYYY. One time was 55 in moab and my truck mirror said 29 when we got there. BRRRRRR. The elevation is high. The flow is very low, rainsuits would be plenty.

So who knows?

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That should work for me. I'm interested in doing Rock of Ages (for old time's sake) as well as Lomatium. Thanks for setting this up!

We've gotta post a link to this in the biking, hiking, 4x4 and ATV sections as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    We've gotta post a link to this in the biking, hiking, 4x4 and ATV sections as well.
    Sounds good to me, if you could link it for me I would appreciate it. I would lead an afternoon jeep run up the Moab Rim. Or even better I'd lead a shorter version of Hells Revenge or Fins and Things in the dark.

Mark

Wow this sounds like fun! This will be my first Bogleyfest Count me in Carol

We usually take a Fall vacation and this might work out. I'd bring the Jeep and probably do a trail or two along with some hiking.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

I've done most of the known mountain bike trails down there multiple times and would be willing to lead a ride or two.......

I took the Friday off from work today.....but I also found out I need to pickup my girlfriend from the airport that Sunday.....so it looks like I will only be there Fri-Sat. Maybe do something quick Sunday morning before leaving ;)
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Blog Entries
    Mark,

count me in as well as 4 buddies of mine for:

-Lomatium/Krill
    -Rock of Ages
    -Onion Creek (with time permitting on Sunday)
    and basic 5.9 climbing at Wall Street.

also, just curious about Hells Revenge. I have a '96 XJ, 7" lift with 33x12.5 tires, and consider myself a "advanced" amateur when it comes to offroading and always wanted to do this. U said you would consider it leading it. Is it really worth it for Hell's Revenge to bring my Jeep down to Moab?. Don't get me wrong - I'm not looking for ass-whooping on the Jeep, just a challenge & awesome ride.... what ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by jman
    also, just curious about Hells Revenge. I have a '96 XJ, 7" lift with 33x12.5 tires, and consider myself a "advanced" amateur when it comes to offroading and always wanted to do this. U said you would consider it leading it. Is it really worth it for Hell's Revenge to bring my Jeep down to Moab?. Don't get me wrong - I'm not looking for ass-whooping on the Jeep, just a challenge & awesome ride.... what ya think?
    Hell's Revenge can be run in a stock Jeep...

But it is a cool trail and would be worth it ifyou have never run it before
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Quote Originally Posted by jman
    Mark,

count me in as well as 4 buddies of mine for:

-Lomatium/Krill
    -Rock of Ages
    -Onion Creek (with time permitting on Sunday)
    and basic 5.9 climbing at Wall Street.

I would only be doing Hells or Fins in the dark. We only hit the best 30 minutes to an hour of these two trails. But if we also hit Moab Rim one afternoon then yea. The Rim is the best trail in town. Short, fun and sweet. If you have never done either fins or hells in the dark well it gives it all a whole new experience. But whether I would bring a vehicle just for that your call. Plus we are along ways out so who knows.

Mark

Moab Bogley Fest

Sounds great. Count me and a buddy in. Especially want to join the Elephant Butte and Lomatium/Krill groups. Bette

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    Count me and a few others in. But only if we can get the original Uutah posse rolling strong. What do you say Mike, Justin, Shane, Alex, and Adam? I've never done anything in Moab so I'm open to suggestion.

I dunno.....I don't think I can swing this trip - it's too long of a drive for me.

Count me in on this trip. I've got most of the Moab routes memorized so I'm willing to help out where I can.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I'm interested in Krill and whatever else. I'd like to stay out of water in November though, so maybe Elephant, RofA or Granary.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I would like to come. I have put it on my calendar and will keep tabs on this thread as plan develop.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I'd like to stay out of water in November though
    PUSSY!!!!!

My girlfriend, Jen, and I would like to join the festivities. I've only done a few Moab canyons, and that was a while ago; so I'm game for any of them. Mostly just interested in the canyons, as I've already biked most of the trails there several times. I'd be game to do more than one canyon per day as well, as the Moab ones I've done previously were pretty short...

Jen is experienced enough where we will likely be able to do any of the canyons; including moving water. We have enough water protection; so just let us know the game plan.

(Would love to join up with you Rock or Shane. It's been a long time!)

Likely I'll drive my Jeep Grand Cherokee down there, so I'll have adequate clearance for getting to/from places.

See everyone soon!
    A.J.

Hey Moab Mark!

I have done some canyoneering, and would love to do more. I've done Fry Canyon a couple times, the Black Hole, and just one Moab route - Ephedra's Grotto and Morning Glory Arch. I'm also an experienced sport climber....

Being able to join a group of canyoneers who know the area seems to good to be true??!?!!????

Allie

Quote Originally Posted by alliej

Being able to join a group of canyoneers who know the area seems to good to be true??!?!!????
    ahh ... so there IS truth on the internet after all

'tis true. there are many here who facilitate group events. it's a great way to learn, ensure safety, and meet people ... oh yeah, and have a good time doing some canyons