Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Champion a Bogleyfest

I am tired of reading about what I missed out on at this outing. So when's 2010 going to be? Someone pick a date So I can stick it on the family calender now.
    Ok I picked it June 10-13th 2010. Or one this fall?
    Shane's in charge.

Who's coming?
    Pick the date now and no one can have an excuse when this comes up next spring when the time window is small.
    Maybe by then Tom will have the permit system fixed and we can just breeze through.
    Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moab mark
    I am tired of reading about what I missed out on at this outing. So when's 2010 going to be? Someone pick a date So I can stick it on the family calender now.
    Shane's in charge.

Who's coming?
    Pick the date now and no one can have an excuse when this comes up next spring when the time window is small.
    Maybe by then Tom will have the permit system fixed and we can just breeze through.
    Mark
    I wrote earlier in this thread that it shouldn't be limited to once a year or only in Zion. So we can get started on a fall fest.

Plus there may be a Disgofest later for Zion so Disgo can finally see the Subway since he has had to miss twice now for events outside his control.

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    Shane's in charge.

Who's coming?
    Mark
    I wrote earlier in this thread that it shouldn't be limited to once a year or only in Zion. So you can get started on a fall fest.

Plus there may be a Disgofest later for Zion so Disgo can finally see the Subway since he has had to miss twice now.
    I'm in.

Shane's in charge.
    I've already been in charge of 4 or 5 of these deals.... I've had my turn in the barrel.... No reason Mark can't be in charge.....

There is no secret handshake, merit badge or special decoder ring required to plan a Bogleyfest. Anyone who wants can do one. They do not need to be canyoneering oriented.... they can be a hiking, fishing, camping or mountain biking.... the only thing you are really doing is inviting friends to join you for a weekend of fun and games.

The only real work (outside of Zion) is keeping track of who is coming, putting groups together, finding a camping spot or somewhere for a social gathering.

If you want to be in charge of a Bogleyfest just pick your dates and post you ideas to the appropriate forum.

Personally I'd like to see a canyoneering fest in Moab in the fall.... maybe go a little upscale and pick a group motel so we can socialize around the pool in the evenings.....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Shane's in charge.
    I've already been in charge of 4 or 5 of these deals.... I've had my turn in the barrel.... No reason Mark can't be in charge.....

There is no secret handshake, merit badge or special decoder ring required to plan a Bogleyfest. Anyone who wants can do one. They do not need to be canyoneering oriented.... they can be a hiking, fishing, camping or mountain biking.... the only thing you are really doing is inviting friends to join you for a weekend of fun and games.

The only real work (outside of Zion) is keeping track of who is coming, putting groups together, finding a camping spot or somewhere for a social gathering.

If you want to be in charge of a Bogleyfest just pick your dates and post you ideas to the appropriate forum.

Personally I'd like to see a canyoneering fest in Moab in the fall.... maybe go a little upscale and pick a group motel so we can socialize around the pool in the evenings.....

No reason Mark can't be in charge.....

If you want to do moab in the fall better pick a motel and get rooms now.
    End of October first of November the temps would be good.

Maybe we can put Oldno 7 in charge of Moab. He just lead a rondy in Moab and from what I hear it was a great success.

Mark

If you want to champion a Bogleyfest.... just start a thread in the appropriate forum.

Put all the info in the first post and than keep editing the first post to keep the info current.

Title the thread something like:
    Zion Bogleyfest - June 10-13 2010

Make it a sticky.... if you can't do that just ask one of the mods.

I'm partial to the "John Wayne Suite" in the Apache Inn... Heck - you could probably fit 10 or 15 people in there if you really wanted to.

Are there any good technical slots in Moab? The only thing I could find when I looked last was Big Horn Canyon - and of all the drops in it, two of us only used a rope on one of them.
    -----
    "It's a miracle curiosity survives formal education" - Albert Einstein

For a good time, check out my blog. or update the CanyonWiki

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryebrye

Are there any good technical slots in Moab?
    I was wondering the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7

Sort of, maybe, kind of.

But Moab has nice resturants.

Hopefully we can do better then the apache motel. It's Kurt's favorite, but there are nicer.

Mark

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar

Sort of, maybe, kind of. But Moab has nice resturants. Hopefully we can do better then the apache motel. It's Kurt's favorite, but there are nicer.

Mark
    Moab is hard for me to make. North Wash - easier. Just sayin........

T

Great idea. I'm game for the motel room as well. We've done several Boglefests in Zion so far, and they are easy to plan, but Id love to get out and hit some more canyons in other peoples stomping grounds. Let's do this. I know I can get Mike and Justin to come.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia

Sort of, maybe, kind of. But Moab has nice resturants. Hopefully we can do better then the apache motel. It's Kurt's favorite, but there are nicer.

Mark
    Moab is hard for me to make. North Wash - easier. Just sayin........

T
    I'm game for anywhere besides Zion this fall.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Shane's in charge.

Who's coming?
    Mark
    Needs to be later in June. In 2008 we did it early June and all of the Kolob terrace canyons still had snow. I say stick with late June. Virgin is down by then, snow is gone, yet its not quite too hot.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

About a 75% chance I'll be able to manage anything between Oct 9 and Oct 22 this year. Just sayin'.

Moab, North Wash, Zion - it's all good!

Hopefully we can do better then the apache motel. It's Kurt's favorite, but there are nicer.
    The motel needs to have a pool.... it really helps the social setting. Swimming, hot tub, and drinks around the pool....

Far from clear that I could make it, but I'm partial to the Aarchway Inn. Huge pool and they have BBQs and picnic tables. Might be well suited to a big group. Perhaps a bit pricey though?

If y'all pick a date far in advance I'll watch for airfares to SLC and maybe come solo and hitch a ride with someone...
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    The motel needs to have a pool.... it really helps the social setting. Swimming, hot tub, and drinks around the pool....

Whooaa--hey...........The Apache has a pool. And an Icemaker

It does only work in the summer though.(Icemaker)

Quote Originally Posted by ststephen
    Far from clear that I could make it, but I'm partial to the Aarchway Inn. Huge pool and they have BBQs and picnic tables. Might be well suited to a big group. Perhaps a bit pricey though?

If y'all pick a date far in advance I'll watch for airfares to SLC and maybe come solo and hitch a ride with someone...
    I'd carpool with you anytime, Paul.

Get everyone to crack open their wallets Canyonlands Bestwestern or Aarchway. Best pools and rooms in town. Archway does have a nice BBQ area but is outside of town. From Canyonlands you can walk anywhere. At Aarchway even if you just based out of there you could use the BBQ area.

Might be fun to see Halloween costumes in slot canyons...