Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TR: Prarie Dog Fest 2009 (WARNING GRAPHIC)

TR: Prarie Dog Fest 2009 (WARNING GRAPHIC)

.40 Cal, MY T PIMP, and Shannon. My very first official Prarie Dog hunt took place this weekend. What a blast Wyoming is just jam packed with these varmits. If you plan going simply just find a dirt road in Wyoming and there is a good chance you'll find Prarie Dogs. Even though the pictures may show it, these were not easy shots. The average shot was at best 200 yards. The ammo wasn't cheap either but the hunt was worth every dime. Thanks to Keith (40 cal.) for introducing me to this new found fun and providing the fine photos. There were three of us and by the end of the day the dead numbered in the 150s. We didn't bother with .22 these dogs were schooled in the art of evasion, and wouldn't let you get at the best with in 100 yards of them. The arsinal went as followed:
    MYTPIMP:
    Colt HBar AR-15 .223
    Ruger M77 17HMR
    Browning BLR .243

Keith (.40 cal):
    Weatherby SVM 22-250
    Browning BAR .243
    Thompson Encore .223

Shannon:
    Savage 17HMR
    Remington 700 7MM

Afterward we enjoyed a nice meal with the Jesus Save Mission (LOL )
    Attached Images Attached Images              
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

man - you guys must have been full after eating 150+ prairie dogs. good thing you killed those guys, you might have kept yourself from falling in their holes as you walked across the...oh, er...mmm....walked back to your four wheelers...
    Tear down Dams, Build up Dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by fouristhenewone
    man - you guys must have been full after eating 150+ prairie dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by fouristhenewone
    man - you guys must have been full after eating 150+ prairie dogs. good thing you killed those guys, you might have kept yourself from falling in their holes as you walked across the...oh, er...mmm....walked back to your four wheelers...

Congrats Pimp. Sounds like a successful outing to me. One of these days I'll get around to doing that too.

Quote Originally Posted by ilanimaka
    Congrats Pimp.
    Yeah Congrats! Looks like a THRILLING hunt

like moths to the flame....

Summit and fouristhenewone... I noticed you guys haven't posted in the motorsports/racing forum yet. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Why don't I see you flipping shit to 'moths' in the Canyoneering forum?

Summit and fouristhenewone... I noticed you guys haven't posted in the motorsports/racing forum yet. Why is that?
    umm, dunno.
    I do read it..there is some pretty cool stuff it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Moths are those who jump at every new post in this section, while contributing nothing to it. In fact, when we see certain members lurking in this forum, we just roll our eyes and laugh because we know it's coming.

Moths are those who jump at every new post in this section, while contributing nothing to it. In fact, when we see certain members lurking in this forum, we just roll our eyes and laugh because we know it's coming.
    I said Congrats....

I would post pics of my self shooting but its a pain in the ass setting up a tripod..

I would post pics of my self shooting but its a pain in that ass setting up tripod especially when no one cares.
    Look at the bright side. As soon as you post your hunting pics, you'll have immediate feedback by fouristhenewone

Sweet.. We used to go Prarie Dog fishing just outside of Kemmerer when I was a kid.. take out the big trolling pole with lead core line.. tie on a trebble hook with some corn on it. put the bait close to the hole and unwind until you were a 100 yards or so out and wait for a bite..

Talk about something that fights!!
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Look at the bright side. As soon as you post your hunting pics, you'll have immediate feedback by fouristhenewone
    I know for a fact he has no issues at all with Hunting.

In fact, when we see certain members lurking in this forum, we just roll our eyes and laugh because we know it's coming.
    LOL.... I'm quietly leaving this thread...

I know for a fact he has no issues at all with Hunting.
    Sweet, looking forward to them

Looks like a nice hunt ! I am planning on heading over to Wyoming probably this weekend. I just ordered a 2 year supply of ammo, 6000 rounds today. Shot a redfox and 2 badgers on my last hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by ilanimaka
    Congrats Pimp.
    Yeah Congrats! Looks like a THRILLING hunt
    Thanks it was, one of the first times I was able to get out and have some fun since I ruptured the Achillies tendon last October. I was especially proud of Wyoming's generous welcome as the exploding prairie dog population poses a great threat to the only healthy Sage Grouse population in America. I hate to actually hog up the shooting photos, .40 cals battery went dead on his camera after a few photos, but that's not all after Beech is done you'll get to see the video.

I knew this TR wouldn't be without controversy, But somebody's got to post in the hunting section. Believe it or not the average deer hunter is more successful, given when it was all over we went through 1500 rounds. You know that's only a 10 percent kill ratio. I got to become a better shot, that kind of shooting it breaking into my civil unrest preparation stash.

Now if I would have had a gun vice that would be cheating.

I was thinking of doing another one of these hunts in the future an official Bogley Prairie Dog festival. And being of good sport we can name it after one of our grand ole hunting forum trolls.

The 2009 FOURISTHENEWONE Prairie Dog Invitational

or

The 2009 SUMMIT 42 Popping Dog Spectacular

You guys are great! Best of Love
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

Sorry to hear about your Achilles, must have been a rough year.

Quote Originally Posted by MY T PIMP
    I was thinking of doing another one of these hunts in the future an official Bogley Prairie Dog festival. And being of good sport we can name it after one of our grand ole hunting forum trolls
    Its sport killing ... not hunting

Believe it or not the average deer hunter is more successful, given when it was all over we went through 1500 rounds. You know that's only a 10 percent kill ratio.
    Wow! And the average deer hunter typically isn't sitting on a bench with a rest 5 feet from their car! You guys must really suck!

The 2009 FOURISTHENEWONE Prairie Dog Invitational

or

The 2009 SUMMIT 42 Popping Dog Spectacular
    I was thinking more along the lines of the MY T Pimp "Big Guns, Little Dicks, let's go out and kill some Sh#T Spectacular!"?

@Sombeech - Troll? Takes one to know one. What exactly is your grand contribution to the hunting/shoot anything that moves forum?

And Summit's right - I don't have any problem with hunting. It's just my idea of hunting isn't fat guys in camo sitting at tables killing unsuspecting rodents.

Oh - and CAMO? Really?! As you sit at a f'ing bench in front your Dodge? I guess it makes you feel like you look like a hunter, you must be a hunter....
    Tear down Dams, Build up Dreams!

If ya don't like little critters getting killed, don't venture in here If you think your ball-busting is gonna make these guys think twice the next time they step out the door with rifles in their hands, you're sadly mistaken.

More pics guys Vids would be great next time