Thread: Bogleyfest Sunday - Pine Creek Canyon

Bogleyfest Sunday - Pine Creek Canyon

*** I
    Attached Images Attached Images                       
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice TR.

Unless keyhole got a hell of a lot bigger than the last time I did it, I think you put a couple of your pine creek pics in this thread :)

-----
    "It's a miracle curiosity survives formal education" - Albert Einstein

For a good time, check out my blog. or update the CanyonWiki

Quote Originally Posted by Ryebrye
    Nice TR.

Unless keyhole got a hell of a lot bigger than the last time I did it, I think you put a couple of your pine creek pics in this thread :)

Ahh man did I screw it up? These should all be Pine Creek and the other thread should be entirely Keyhole... Correct me if you see any keyhole pics in this thread. Then I'll move them to the other one, no problem. I just wrote up one trip report for the day but split them cause bogley is laggin hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket
    Ahh man did I screw it up? These should all be Pine Creek and the other thread should be entirely Keyhole... Correct me if you see any keyhole pics in this thread. Then I'll move them to the other one, no problem. I just wrote up one trip report for the day but split them cause bogley is laggin hardcore.
    Ah, nope. When I saw it the topic said "Keyhole" so I was thinking they were all keyhole pics. I was actually thinking "why didn't he take any pictures of the debris" - but yeah, these are all pine creek.
    -----
    "It's a miracle curiosity survives formal education" - Albert Einstein

For a good time, check out my blog. or update the CanyonWiki

Wow couldn't have said it better... all though i thought pine creek was colder than keyhole.

Also I would like to thank Bo and Trackrunner. trackrunner kept me cool and calm at the top of the last rappel in pine creek and Bo helped me down the last rappel I love you guys.

the hike out of pine creek is what really got me. all the bouldering and climbing up sand and over rockgardens just killed my knees. '

Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Bogley BigShot
    Nice!

Sweet! Looks like a great time. Haven't looked at the Keyhole photos yet, but I sure love that little canyon. Done it twice so far, and thought it was, like, the best half-hour in Zion!!! (I should probably put that in the Keyhole thread.)

I can't get over the water in Pine Creek. I've only done it once, on my own in April, and it was SO dry. Only about 2 very short swims, and a few wades. Mostly just sand. At the bottom of the cathedral, I was able to pull the rope while standing knee deep. I look forward to trying it out when it's this wet.

Thanks for the great vids & pics, Jacob! Nice job reporting & documenting!

Beaten to the punch again. The trip report stands. We moved fairly quickly through Pine Creek with our reduced compliment of canyoneers. More time for photography.

I'd like to thank Paul (ststephen) for lugging the video camera in it's waterproof housing. He took it on for Keyhole so I could bring the SLR along, and even after Robin and Aaron split he sherpa'd up. I haven't edited the videos down yet, but some of the images in the link below are pulled from the tape.

Only camera mishap was user error - at some point setting up the second to last rappel a setting was botched and the images I took were blown out. Thankfully I caught it before the Cathedral. OC Paul (what's your username here, Paul?) took a turn with the SLR and took some sweet shots. Thanks for covering me on that, Paul(s).

Pine Creek was what I was looking for on this trip. The light beams in pools of water and the final rappel were a great cap to the weekend. Thanks again to Bo and Shaun (and everyone) for being such great company.

Link to see lots of photos: HERE.

Bogley BigShot
    You are talented with that camera Dean Paul!

Oh man, your pics blow mine outta the water! Especially the light chamber area. None of the pics I took came out nearly as awesome as yours. Was great to meet ya and hope we get to adventure again. Thanks so much for tossing those pics up.

Go Team Stearns!! Go Team Stearns!! Go Team Stearns!!

Link to Team Stearns Picture Post

James

FYI: These wetsuits I'm modeling are on sale right now at sportsmans warehouse for $37.99 (reg $44.99?). Which is pretty much unbeatable IMO for a full. It's only 2-3 ml I imagine, really thin, but for zion canyons is about perfect. I won't lie my hands were shaking the entire time as evidence in the film, but protection to weight ratio is perfect.

I believe it was Iceaxe who mentioned it first so gotta give him the props though. I'm just the messenger.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket
    FYI: These wetsuits I'm modeling are on sale right now at sportsmans warehouse for $37.99 (reg $44.99?).
    Which Sportsman's Warehouse? I went to the Midvale store last week and they only had kids and small. But they had some killer prices on them.

I need some mediums and maybe a large to outfit a group for the Black Hole. If anyone knows of a Sportsmens Warehouse with those sizes let me know.

Go Team Stearns!

Quote Originally Posted by Deeps
    Awesome shot

Incredible photos, Deeps! They're some of the best rap and portrait shots I've seen on here - nice!

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Incredible photos, Deeps! They're some of the best rap and portrait shots I've seen on here - nice!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Which Sportsman's Warehouse? I went to the Midvale store last week and they only had kids and small. But they had some killer prices on them.

I need some mediums and maybe a large to outfit a group for the Black Hole. If anyone knows of a Sportsmens Warehouse with those sizes let me know.

Go Team Stearns!

The one in Saint George. If you like I can go scout it out for ya. But if you're buying 3 you can just call them and get free shipping to your residence from any store that has them in stock (over $100 = free shipping).

Thanks again for the tip bro, same price as a rental but I get to keep it. Trackrunner had a good little trick of putting it on under his clothes, so from now on I will do that too to keep it from getting all torn up.

Go team Stearns!

Thanks for the kudos, but it really was a team effort. Paul from Orange was shooting with the camera as well and Paul/ststephen were working the video. It was great having other photo geeks along.

(And I had a ginormous 80-200 lens along for the ride that really helped.)