Thread: Lost Lake Gunnison National Forest..woop woop!

Lost Lake Gunnison National Forest..woop woop!

After bailing on the Zion trip and being extremely depressed about it, I decided to not sit on my ass and sulk. I made a last minute decision to take a drive to an area of Colorado that I haven't explored in my 14 years here. Keebler Pass runs along the borders of the White River National Forest and the Gunnison National Forest. It's the 'quick way' to get to Crested Butte from my house but the pass is only open in the summer. Along the way, the views of the Elk Mountain range are nothing less than outstanding! Here are some photos to prove it.
    Attached Images Attached Images               

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

you need to do that drive to crested butte in the fall. supposedly it goes through the largest aspen grove in colorado. the colors are fantastic.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide
    you need to do that drive to crested butte in the fall. supposedly it goes through the largest aspen grove in colorado. the colors are fantastic.

I've totally heard that!!! I can't believe I have lived here this long and haven't explored this area. It's definitely a must go back and see more kind of deal..........great hiking! Will also make a point to do this in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken

I've totally heard that!!! I can't believe I have lived here this long and haven't explored this area. It's definitely a must go back and see more kind of deal..........great hiking! Will also make a point to do this in the fall.
    Surely missed you this last weekend, but WOW! What a beautiful place you found! Your son looks totally thrilled with the geocache. Looks like you all stayed cool!

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck
    Quote Originally Posted by abirken

Surely missed you this last weekend, but WOW! What a beautiful place you found! Your son looks totally thrilled with the geocache. Looks like you all stayed cool!
    X2

I was like where is Alison.

My preferred route to and from Crested Butte
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Yep, missed you in Zion, but glad you had a great trip elsewhere.

Aw thanks guys!!!! I missed ya'll! Track and Bo- totally going to attempt a trip out in Sept and will hit you guys up for a canyon. I'm so happy I discovered something new in Colorado though!

Wow, beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing.