Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4th o' July Plans?

4th o' July Plans?

What are your plans?

Fireworks?

Booze?

Camping?

All of the above?

I'm not sure what we're going to do, I'm still getting over this cold that kept me from goin to the Zion Bogleyfest.

Thought about taking the boat out for the first time this year - along with the whole state of Utah. Not sure though.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tripping around the book cliffs in Colorado.
    Staying with friends in Debeque. Quiet, no fireworks.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Last time we went there this time of year, we got covered in ticks. Make sure to spray your clothes with repellent if you're in the sagebrush.

PS, if in Debeque at this time of year, I would recommend Battlement Mesa over Book Cliffs (regardless of activity-hiking, OHV, etc) but either is nice.

================================================== =====

What are your plans?
    Same thing I do every year. Climb mountains.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Drove up today to scout camping locations on Flaming Gorge. We'll be up there somewhere near Lucerne.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Going to Lava to Camp w/the family. I am sure there will be drinking & fireworks involved to.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerShooter
    Going to Lava to Camp w/the family. I am sure there will be drinking & fireworks involved to.
    Be sure to tube the river.

Keeping the base safe from the riff raff the long weekend is a work week i am sure there will be a bunch of drunks on base also.
    "I'm a firm believer that if you play for more than you can afford to lose, you will learn the game." Winston Churchill

Driving to my old deer hunting camp up Manti Canyon to show my son a tree that had been carved in many years ago by my dad. I don't like to carve up quakies, but a couple of years ago I added dad's death date into the tree he'd already marked and my son was on his mission and wanted to see it when he got back--not just the tree, but the place.

I'm going to be running the East Millcreek 5k early in the morning as well, and then after the trip to Manti, we'll probably cook some burgers and what not on the grill and try to catch some fireworks somewhere. Or maybe not the fireworks. It depends on if we want to fight the traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    Hmmm...those were my plans as well. Maybe we'll bump into each other
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidXJ
    Hmmm...those were my plans as well. Maybe we'll bump into each other
    We'll be HQ'd in Debeque up Roan Creek.
    If you see a Silver Polaris RZR S with too many HIDs similar to the one in my Avatar and a couple of ATVs thats likely us.

I'll keep an eye out for your Jeep.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

I'll be boating on Bear Lake and riding my dirt bike in the mountains above Bear Lake. It is going to be a short week again for me. Monday through Wednesday at work this week with this past week being a 4 day week and a trip to Southern Utah for Bogletfest. I love the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P
    Last time we went there this time of year, we got covered in ticks. Make sure to spray your clothes with repellent if you're in the sagebrush.

PS, if in Debeque at this time of year, I would recommend Battlement Mesa over Book Cliffs (regardless of activity-hiking, OHV, etc) but either is nice.
    Actually... it's not the ticks that are bad, it's the gnats. They're crazy right now. I live in Grand Junction, believe me, I know. Just don't stop moving. If you stop, you'll get covered. They drive me crazy, bitting my ears and eyes. If you go higher, like Battlement Mesa or Grand Mesa, the problem is mosquitos.

I'll probably be out by DeBeque too, but I'll be in the caves! It's much cooler.

Hmmm..... I thinking........

Friday drive up to Wyoming and bet on the ponies during the day.... on the way home stock the truck up with good beer and buy the kids a giant box of illegal fireworks....... I'm an awesome dad......

Saturday Night head over to Rocky Mountain Raceway and watch the Supermodifeds......

Sunday maybe go waterskiing....

Having a small BBQ (thinking a rotisserie turkey), drinking, lighting fireworks
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

No camping or fireworks so I suspect it will be booze.

Same thing we do every year, Pinky:

Try and take over the world.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Quote Originally Posted by CaverMC
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P

Actually... it's not the ticks that are bad, it's the gnats. They're crazy right now. I live in Grand Junction, believe me, I know. Just don't stop moving. If you stop, you'll get covered. They drive me crazy, bitting my ears and eyes. If you go higher, like Battlement Mesa or Grand Mesa, the problem is mosquitos.

I'll probably be out by DeBeque too, but I'll be in the caves! It's much cooler.

Tell me about the Caves? I know nothing of them.

Tell me about the Caves? I know nothing of them.
    What do you want to know. There's lots of dirt/claystone caves around DeBeque. They're not the pretty limestone caves but they're fun to explore. Most are small around 300ft or so. There's a bigger one near Rulison that's over 1,000ft. I've been to a few west of DeBeque near South Shale Ridge, some by Collbran, some by Mesa. They're all over. If you seen any while you're out here, or if you want to go explore some, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFinn
    No camping or fireworks so I suspect it will be booze.
    How can you light fireworks without booze....

Quote Originally Posted by LOAH
    Same thing we do every year, Pinky:

Try and take over the world.

i think my new plans are to watch every Pinky and the Brain episode.
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"