Thread: Stuck....bad.

Stuck....bad.

We had seen some unknown writings at Moore when we decided to go on another road to another canyon. The road soon became a 4 wheeler trail so we started to turn around. As we swerved to turn a large deer jumped in front of us. We swerved back to miss it as we started down a side hill. I thought we were going to fall in the bottom of the wash when my truck lurched to a stop. But i could move back or forward. I got out and my runningboards were hitting a large rock. I had no choice i pulled forward but it wouldn't go. I hit the gas hard and the truck hit a large pinetree. Better yet I still couldn't move I hit the gas going in reverse now. I realized i had gotten between two large pinetrees after i hit the second one on my bumper. The truck was five feet away from the ledge, a 10 foot drop to the bottom of the wash. I took a deep breath and surprisingly i got out. I got out and checked the damage. The plastic part of the bumper had a long tear and the sides were COVERED in deep scratches. To make it better there was a large branch in my tailgate. Just glad to be out now. I guess.... i better buy a new truck

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Didn't take pics.... I think am going back today (hiking) I'll take some pics.

Re: Stuck....bad.

Quote Originally Posted by coinslab
    We had seen some unknown writings at Moore when we decided to go on another road to another canyon. The road soon became a 4 wheeler trail so we started to turn around. As we swerved to turn a large deer jumped in front of us. We swerved back to miss it as we started down a side hill. I thought we were going to fall in the bottom of the wash when my truck lurched to a stop. But i could move back or forward. I got out and my runningboards were hitting a large rock. I had no choice i pulled forward but it wouldn't go. I hit the gas hard and the truck hit a large pinetree. Better yet I still couldn't move I hit the gas going in reverse now. I realized i had gotten between two large pinetrees after i hit the second one on my bumper. The truck was five feet away from the ledge, a 10 foot drop to the bottom of the wash. I took a deep breath and surprisingly i got out. I got out and checked the damage. The plastic part of the bumper had a long tear and the sides were COVERED in deep scratches. To make it better there was a large branch in my tailgate. Just glad to be out now. I guess.... i better buy a new truck
    You mean you got out and walked around or you got out of the mess and drove home?

Mark

I got out of the mess and drove home.
    Here's the rock art if anyone's curious.

Cool stuff

Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by coinslab View Post
    I got out of the mess and drove home.
    Here's the rock art if anyone's curious.
    What is the point of a trip report without any pictures?

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    you bumped an old thread from nearly a year ago. there were pictures at that time. perhaps the flickr photo stream code roll out didn't work here.