Thread: cowboy - gravel

cowboy - gravel

spent a day in cowboy canyon and lower gravel canyon a few days ago. pretty dry, only a couple waist deep wades. no swims unfortunately, i was lookign forward to some as a break form the heat, although it was only mid 80's, low 90's MAYBE. beautiful. the white canyon area is truly an uber-plex of fun. don't know if i would call cowboy the best of the bunch, but it is definitely par for the course.

full pics - http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/573084112HWgoyw

very head of cowboy

cowboy slot

gravel ruins

lower gravel

lower gravel

signature

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

COOL pics i like the first pic
    Don`t be afraid your life will end be afraid it will never begin fear is the thief of all dreams...

Re: cowboy - gravel

Quote Originally Posted by goofball
    spent a day in cowboy canyon and lower gravel canyon a few days ago. pretty dry, only a couple waist deep wades. no swims unfortunately, i was lookign forward to some as a break form the heat, although it was only mid 80's, low 90's MAYBE. beautiful. the white canyon area is truly an uber-plex of fun. don't know if i would call cowboy the best of the bunch, but it is definitely par for the course.

full pics - http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/573084112HWgoyw

very head of cowboy

Wow, very cool pic. Bruce Neumann and I did Cowboy a little over a month ago and definitely missed that double natural bridge. How up from the chute (your picture number 7 in your full pics) into the slot is it? We clearly dropped into Cowboy too soon.

Nat
    nat smale

yeah, that double bridge is pretty cool. i shot that the day before doing the full cowboy/gravel in mid to late afternoon. early in the day, up to noon, i am sure it would be all in shadow and make better lighting, especially if it can be caught w/ sun thru the holes (depending on where the beams fall). it is about 30 minutes up from teh chute i believe. best to not drop in at all, follow the use trail up to the very head and you can't miss it in the bowl up there.
    signature