Thread: Hiking Park City - Industrial Decay

Hiking Park City - Industrial Decay

Due to weather and conflicts in schedules we opted to do something a bit out of the ordinary this weekend. I had flirted with the idea of doing this hike for the last 8 years and was pretty excited to check out these sites up close for the first time. There were some moments while visiting these sites where I was a bit sketched out ... rusty nails, old ladders, collapsed ceilings, and rotting floor boards. We were more then careful and had a pretty good time getting our photos.
    When all was said and done we visited 4 mines, hiked 6.88 miles, in a thunderstorm that lasted most of the day.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sweet.. where are these buildings? have some coords don't spend much time in park city but they look like somewhere I want to check out
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Great shots. I love seeing what people can do with the camera when looking at old "junk".
    Life is Good

cool, some VERY nice photos. i love the light in these places.

i had a couple shows in oklahoma of like subject matter. would break in to them if i had too, abandoned churches, industrial complexes, hotels or apartments, whatever. more than a few near misses - a dark elevator shaft w/ a 50' drop, fell thru some stairs into a flooded basement, a run from teh cops, good times.
    signature

Quote Originally Posted by TooeleCherokee
    Sweet.. where are these buildings?
    Due to some of the reasons that goofball mentioned I dont want to publicly release the location of these sites. I can get you a KML file of these locations if you PM me your email address. Keep in mind that some of these buildings cover 1000'+ vertical mine shafts and areas are pretty much falling apart so watch your step!

Probably the best work I have seen with HDR. It looks awesome!

I thought the picture of you holding the "Keep Away" sign was funny.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

WOW. Just beautiful pics. Love the lighting. The storm clouds are the perfect backdrop. I would love to stumble upon some place like this.

Wow man, what an amazing place to document. And as usual, i totally agree with DiscGo that those pics are epic! Really vivid colors. I think if these were a decent size and printed you could sell them at an art show. Great job man.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Incredible, just gorgeous interpretations of old "junk". Really nice - and yeah, probably very marketable...