Thread: TR

TR

Sunday June 7 found us finishing up our North Wash weekend in Hog I. This is one of my favorites. We have done this one several times and I am always surprised by what I find in this canyon. My biggest memory of past runs thru this canyon is the difficult area before the last rappel including the lack of space to put on a harness. This time though we found the flat area 50 yards back from the rappel that allowed 9 of us to easily prepare for the single rappel. I always forget about the amount of Mae West stemming that is required to get thru this canyon. Some of it is tricky. I also forget that there is a good amount of narrows left to navigate after the big rappel. This canyon is challenging enough for everybody. Surprisingly after a week of rain in the area this canyon was bone dry. The cool weather, unusual for June, made the romp thru the canyon very pleasant - i.e no profuse sweating.
    The deep tight sections of the canyon were spotted with large groupings of the long legged Harvestman called Daddy Long Legs by some. They would always be found at face level in the tight sections
    Attached Images Attached Images                                     
    Don't believe everything you think.

-Borrowed from a bumper sticker I believe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: TR

Nice--I always enjoy your trip reports. That's kind of strange about the Daddy Long Legs...I've never seen them do that. Also, I love this shot:

Quote Originally Posted by french_de
    Blog | FB

Re: TR

Quote Originally Posted by Udink
    Nice--I always enjoy your trip reports. That's kind of strange about the Daddy Long Legs...I've never seen them do that. Also, I love this shot:

Quote Originally Posted by french_de
    Boom, Headshot!
    This trip was great. Amazing scenery.

Very nice - great photos. Had a wee rattler in there a couple of years ago - it was probably in the same spot! Stemmed up & over...

awesome TR!
    I have seen spiders do that in Beek-a-boo canyon as well.I was younger and we didn't notice them at first. me and my friend started freaking out when he turned around and had them on his back. I brushed most of them off and turned to run. Both of us started running out of the skinny part screaming like girls. He was hitting me on the back because they were all over me. we were about 14. It was embarrassing to say the least.
    The man thong is wrong.

I've got to say "This canyon is one that has it all and is one of my favorites."