Thread: Merry Piglet

Merry Piglet

It was a great time to be in the North wash area the week of June 6, 2009. Normally the temps are moving into the low nineties, but with all the rain and cool weather it was perfect with cool breezes making the hikes up, canyon crawling and camping very pleasant. All the biting insects were gone and there was a full moon to sleep with.
    This trip became a Swine Fest with us doing pig named canyons including Hogwarts and Boss Hawg and discovering that one of our own canyoneers was hosting H1N1 - she was diagnosed when she returned to Salt Lake on Monday so it was official - the virus got carried thru a pig canyon.
    Merry Piglet is another gem in the mini slot category
    Attached Images Attached Images                                         
    Don't believe everything you think.

-Borrowed from a bumper sticker I believe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nicely done Doug! The kids really enjoyed this one.

We found the anchor around the tree (picture mp0206.jpg) and used it. This is not something that should be left for long periods of time - I should have re built this one - though that webbing in all likelihood will not last long enough to do damage, left unchecked over the course of years the tree is dead.

Nice TR.

When you post that many pictures do you pull each one in individually or do you know some trick to mass copy? I really liked the one where you can see some serious thinking going into the big rock anchor.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark
    Nice TR.

When you post that many pictures do you pull each one in individually or do you know some trick to mass copy?

Mark
    That would be nice - to be able to mass copy!
    I group all the pictures that I want to post, preorder them and pull each one individually in reverse order. I hope I don't get carpal finger.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark
    Nice TR.

I really liked the one where you can see some serious thinking going into the big rock anchor.

Mark
    When we got there that big rock anchor had a very clever anchor set up. The webbing was tied around a triangle shaped piece of rock like a piece of pie that was then wedged into a crack and that was shimmied with a couple more angular shaped pieces of rock. We had to dismantle it because the webbing was really getting brittle, probably from the sun. Because it was an optional rappel, we dismatled our anchor after use.