Thread: Mini Slot Guide to the Colorado Plateau

Mini Slot Guide to the Colorado Plateau

Here is the Mini Slot Guide that Stefan and I (plus a bunch of others) have been working on.

Minislot Guide to the Colorado Plateau

Thanks go out to everyone who has helped but most of all to Stefan who has devoted an incredible amount of time without being able to do many of the slots. It has been a lot of fun, both doing the canyons, and putting together the site. Please get in touch if there are any questions, or if you find any errors...
    Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Great job! The site looks wonderful!

Excellent, shorter canyons work really well for my groups, scouts etc.

Thanks
    Mark

it's worth mentioning that there are downloadable pdfs for each of the route descriptions
    as well as the driving maps which should give the best results for printing.

again, many many thanks to dave for exploring, putting together the beta,
    and working hard to improve upon it.

Nice!!!! Thank You, Thank You!
    Life is Good

Re: Mini Slot Guide to the Colorado Plateau

Quote Originally Posted by Davewyo
    Here is the Mini Slot Guide that Stefan and I (plus a bunch of others) have been working on.
    That is a GREAT looking mini guide!

Love to have a complete hard copy: worthy of printing!

Or at least a disc...take it to Kinko's, laminate...that'd be sweet.

Nice job.

-Brian in SLC

Dave could easily set it up so it could be printed in a nice book on cafepress for those that wanted a copy. Dave just submits the book in PDF form to cafepress and his job is done. They take care of everything else (printing, orders, shipping).

Anyhoo.... just a thought. I've done it and I was very happy with the product.

Great descriptions, great contribution to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Dave could easily set it up so it could be printed in a nice book on cafepress for those that wanted a copy. Dave just submits the book in PDF form to cafepress and his job is done. They take care of everything else (printing, orders, shipping).
    We (mtncommunity) do a calendar every year through Cafepress. Yeah, works, but, its pretty spendy. And, it takes time. And I don't get an electronic copy for when the rain and my packing eats my guidebook up.

If it were a file I could print myself, then, I could choose the paper, laminate or not, and, the cost would be really reasonable. Some online guides are done that way, and, they're great.

Anyhoo, I saved all the pdf files. But, the formatting and intro pages and extra information are SO well done, that, be great to have a hard copy of that stuff. Even if it were an electronic copy.

-Brian in SLC

Dave, Stefan,

Looks great thanks for putting in the work on this. Can't wait to get some free time to go exploring some of these.

I have a sticky page on my blog that I keep track of canyoneering related links and websites that I direct people to for more information. Would it be alright if I listed your link on my blog with my other Canyoneering Related links?

http://northwashoutfitters.com/blog/?page_id=76
    Jared Hillhouse
    North Wash Outfitters LLP.
    Twitter: @North_Wash
    N.W.O. on Facebook
    "Great Adventure Buddies Make It Happen"

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonbug

I have a sticky page on my blog that I keep track of canyoneering related links and websites that I direct people to for more information. Would it be alright if I listed your link on my blog with my other Canyoneering Related links?

Sure Jared, thanks for asking.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Davewyo

Sure Jared, thanks for asking.

Dave
    Thanks Dave I have updated the page.

Jared Hillhouse
    North Wash Outfitters LLP.
    Twitter: @North_Wash
    N.W.O. on Facebook
    "Great Adventure Buddies Make It Happen"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Nice!!!! Thank You, Thank You!
    x2

Thanks for your efforts Dave, and all who contributed. Great stuff.

That looks tremendous, thanks for all the effort that must have gone into it.

One small suggestion, if I may...(unless I missed it)...can you add an overview of the areas covered in one big "overview" map (even a simple diagramatic one?) I'm unfamiliar with the areas, as perhaps are others.

An additional bonus would be clickable "pointers" to the detail that you already have.

Just a suggestion. What a great resource you've made.

Rob

many thanks, everyone, for the kind words. feedback is always helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC
    If it were a file I could print myself, then, I could choose the paper, laminate or not, and, the cost would be really reasonable. Some online guides are done that way, and, they're great.

Anyhoo, I saved all the pdf files. But, the formatting and intro pages and extra information are SO well done, that, be great to have a hard copy of that stuff. Even if it were an electronic copy.
    thanks, brian, and this is a very interesting idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L
    One small suggestion, if I may...(unless I missed it)...can you add an overview of the areas covered in one big "overview" map (even a simple diagramatic one?) I'm unfamiliar with the areas, as perhaps are others.
    indeed, and this is something that we're working on/thinking about. thanks for the input and comments. we plan to slowly modify and add to the site down the road.