Thread: Snowbasin Summer Season starts June 27th

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

Snowbasin Summer Season starts June 27th

Received an e-mail today and found some interesting useful information thought I would pass along to Bogley.

New Special Offering

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooo you cant take the lift up...on a mtn bike you have to earn your down hill!!!
    go get lost, it is good for the soul

Oh trust me I earn my downhill!!

I will not ride the gondola up and my bike down until I have rode my bike all the way up! That is from the bottom of Wheeler to the top of Needles. And then as a treat for this accomplishment once or twice during the summer I get to cheat.

I was thinking of just cheating from old Snowbasin parking lot... ride up to where Green Pond starts and down to Artnord since it is free only that one weekend and I have ridden these sections a number of times.

good to hear...once in a while cheat is ok!LOL

Neer road the lift up on basin with my bike, chromehead we need to get together and ride, sounds like it would be fun. so on the weekend of the 20th you could get some major climbing in on the mountain and then have a huge downhill all the way to wheeler and shuttle up, that might be pretty cool to climb for a coiple of hours up to the snow line below needles lodge and then have a good 13 mile downhill to finish the day.....nice

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

have you ridden up the needels trail...that is a fun ride, it will challenge you and yes when you are done, it is some great down hill back to the trail head. I would love to ride it, the weekend of the 20th just might work, have to check one commitment, but I think by that weekend it is over with..as soon as i figure it out, will post again on here, i will get the crew togehter for that ride...great group of guys it would be fun..

I would be interested in meeting up and taking the gondola. No shame in that for me.

I am not sure the gondola would be open that weekend. I know the gondola is open the 27th for sure, the shuttle will be a paid thing on the 27th and there after. I plan on riding up there either Sat or Sun I will find out and let you all know. What I want to know is how many can they fit on a shuttle? Do they only have one shuttle or more? Sure would suck to ride all the way down to find out you don't fit on the shuttle and have to ride all the way back up.

I've parked at Art Nord and rode up through green pond then to the Basin and then rode the gondola up and ate lunch at the top and then ride all the way back down by way of Maples.

Fun ride and good food.

You wouldn't need your downhill rig Greyhair. The Bobsled and parts of the Dog lake trail are more technical downhill in comparison. I just ride my downhill bike on everything, that way I have a good excuse for being last on the climbs.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX
    You wouldn't need your downhill rig Greyhair. The Bobsled and parts of the Dog lake trail are more technical downhill in comparison. I just ride my downhill bike on everything, that way I have a good excuse for being last on the climbs.
    He always forgets his helmet too.