Thread: Ogden area ride this Thursday June 4th

Ogden area ride this Thursday June 4th

So it's been 3 weeks, been in and out of town.

Gettin' a posse together, meeting at 5 at Rainbow Gardens. I know, I've been riding this trail a lot lately but I love it.

I'm going to give the other trails at least another week to make sure they're ready anyways.

Meet us at 5 at Rainbow Gardens, plan on about 3 hours of biking, maybe less.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    The other trails are ready!! I promise.

But if we must ride BST I guess I will see ya there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes
    The other trails are ready!! I promise.
    I think you're right. My problem is I've always got beginners joining me and I figure this is a good intro trail.

I'm going to try and catch Mueller Park tomorrow night too with the Salt Lake crew.

Snowbasin is the best trail conditions that you will see all year. I went to the upper trails saturday and there were just a few little stream crossing but the trails are clear and nice! A good ride for all riding levels would be park 1 car at greens trail head, another at art nord. Start at greens ride up greens hook into last chance loop, hit the basin loop all the way to art nord for a little bit of climbing at first and some great downhill.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I disagree with it being a good beginner trail... well that depends on what type of beginner you are. I have seen so many guys with their girls start at The Greenery and before you even get your bike off your car and saddle up they are back in the parking lot loading thier bikes. One day Janet and I were in the parking lot and watched three couples start off sepearte times. All of them came back before we even got going.

I think it is better to start them from Weber side, flat to start and then downhill and you stop before the switch backs, and if you do go all the way down you are warmed up and the switch backs are easier.

It is still one of my favorites.

I can't wait to ride with the group. I"ve been riding once in awhile by myself when ever i could get away. More fun as a group.

Beginners could start at 22nd street. The first quarter mile is a miserable climb if you don't have the legs yet.

Mueller Park was great last night, this will be a nice follow up ride 2 days later.
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17381

The more I think about it, maybe we should still meet up at 5 at Rainbow Gardens, and then discuss the possibility of heading up the canyon to the Green Ponds trailhead.

What do you guys think? I'm especially in the mood for a shuttle. I've been ripping out and replacing concrete stairs today.

ok! see you at 5

I'm going to do my best to get out of work early today and try to make it up there in time for this ride. Don't move the meeting location, I get lost easy up north.

Green Ponds was super muddy yesterday. I don't know what it's like today but if it's still muddy, a group ride would tear up the trail.
    May your waters be swift and pure, may your presentation be perfect, and of course, let there be trout.