Thread: South East Idaho Adventures..?

South East Idaho Adventures..?

Hey all!

Here is the deal, I'm fresh out of high school with one summer left before a semester of college then an LDS mission. So me and my buddies are doin all we can to have a summer of adventure.

We started things off with a week in Zion National Park (my TR can be looked up in the canyoneering section). I'm set to climb the grand the start of August. We are planning a trip to do the Darby Ice Cave but..

I'd really like to insider info from you pros out there that know cool places around this area. We are looking for weekend trips, we all work full time during the week. We all have harnesses, ropes, etc. and are not easily scared by heights, long hikes/bike rides, or swimming through cold water. Basically we're young with little regards to how our bodies feel as long as the day was SWEET!

So hit me with whatever ideas ya have. I love this site and have received so much help with canyoneering, thanks again to those that pitched in!

also, my group of buddies are semi knowledgeable on things to do within really short distances of Rexburg. So if any of you are finding your way up this area I'd be glad to help ya out!
    better off outdoors

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    from Rexburg eh? That's where my ex-fiance is from and currently living. She's 21 now so you might of known her.

Besides I thought the rigby area has the highest amount of promiscuity in the nation! haha - well that's what my ex-fiance said. hehe.

I like tubing down the canal there in Rigby - that's good for 3+ miles and ends at Rigby Lake.

I would mention Darby but you already said that, but on my list of caves heres a few to check out maybe? Bobcat Cave, Twin Cave, and Chalk cave, there's a few more but they are mere pits not worth exploring.

Craters of the Moon? That place is great for exploring - especially caving - like Indian Tunnel.

Mesa Falls is really cool, although can't rappel down it. Its close to Ashton.

Um, that's all I can think of for Eastern Idaho - unless you go to Yellowstone or Jackson.

Whats the most confusing holiday in Rigby? ...Fathers Day (for you Rigby peeps, madison bashes on you, you bash on us..all in good fun)

jman I'll definitely look up those caves, we love that kind of stuff, thanks!

Also, we can easily pony up and head to Yellowstone and Jackson.
    We'd love to try some kayaking, any beginner routes around?
    better off outdoors

Blog Entries
    yup I know a great spot for beginning kayakers. Go to Oneida Narrows - close to Preston, ID. Great spot for shuttling and its rated Class II, so its easy and mostly shallow and hardly any rapids. And you choose which spot to start from, a mile up, 2 or 4 miles up. Great spots to pratice, and in August (if that's not too late for ya) the water is VERY warm - just as warm as the virgin, cause its so shallow (but not nearly as shallow though).

If not kayaking, bring a few tubes and a cooler, and just sunbathe for a few hours there. Wide open canyon, lots of water, lots of sun, and lots of babes on the weekends.
    Attached Images Attached Images