Thread: Mt. Aire to Burch Hollow - Mllcreek Canyon

Mt. Aire to Burch Hollow - Mllcreek Canyon

Today my wife and I did some hiking in Millcreek Canyon here in SLC. We parked at the winter gate and hiked on the road for 1 mile or so to Elbow Fork and the Mt. Aire trailhead. Once you get to the ridge, Mt. Aire is another decent hike up to the right. The entire hike is a pretty steep climb of 2000 feet in 2 miles. After we summited, we went back down to the saddle and decided to go up the other side east to Burch Hollow further down Millcreek Canyon. The trail from Mt. Aire to Burch Hollow is pretty unmaintained but was pretty easy to follow the ridge. Once we headed down Burch Hollow to Pipeline, we took what started as a trail and turned into a steep non-trail to come out right across the street from the Terrace Loop trailhead for a 1 minute walk to our car. It took about 4 hours round trip with the road walking.

We had done Mt. Aire once last November but it was cloudy and snowing so we couldn't see a thing. Now that we could see everything, I'd have to say it is one of the more photogenic spots in Millcreek. It is a high peak at the top of the main canyon (Millcreek takes a right and continues up) and you can see SLC, the Oquirrhs, The Great Salt Lake, Immigration Cyn, Parleys, etc. I recommend.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement