Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Rock

White Rock

So I went to Perry Canyon on Saturday and decided to see if Stan was still working on the White Rock Trail. I rode this trail last week also and I couldn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sorry to hear about the crash. That's never fun. At least you're ok and you'll live to ride another day.

I saw your truck at the bottom of the trail and thought about going out on the white rock trail to see if I could find you, but I was there to see how far up the Grizzly Peak trail you could get. I found out you can get about 5 miles up before hitting a big snow bank that stops you. Looking at it though, it has melted a lot this week and should be able to get a bit farther now.

I'm going to have to go check out the trail to the White Rock. Sounds like he's close. Supposedly, he is planning on linking the two trails together at the saddle above the White Rock about 4 miles up the Grizzly Peak trail. Should be a great loop when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo
    Supposedly, he is planning on linking the two trails together at the saddle above the White Rock about 4 miles up the Grizzly Peak trail. Should be a great loop when it's done.
    That is great news.

He built close to 300 yards of new trail over a one week period.

This probably means that Grizzly Peak won't see any new trail this year. I would like to spend a few days extending that trail onward and upwards. That will open up all kinds of stuff.

I'll bet that the growth yet to be seen is going to be horrendous. All that ferny and big leafy stuff that grows real fast. But it goes down easy too.

I found out that the Heckler loves taking on mustard weed. Must say she's quite deadly. Close to 30 semi confirmed kills last Saturday. Would have been more if I wouldn't have wimped out.

Indeed the Grizzly Peak trail won't see much work from Stan this year (if ever again). Last time I talked to him, he was complaining about being old and to tired too get up there and still work on it. I can't blame the guy, hell he's 72 years old.

Rumor has it that Bruce from UMB has his eyes on going up there with his crew and working on getting it done. I'm going to try to get in on that and I will let you know when. Probably going to go up to the top and work down to where it ends now.

Ouch!! Damn hope you heal fast bro... If you don't mind me saying so that was the place I least expected you to biff it. Granted the screen is so small I might not be able to make it out well. You did all those crazy hairpin turns with ease. I was expecting you to not make a sharp corner going to fast.

Of course I munched it on the sidewalk the other day. Going around a corner and someones sprinkler was on and it was slicker than expected. It's always the second you're not paying attention, hehe.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

DC, I have to say I dig your new avitar. Very cool.

Ouch dood.

That trail looks awesome. I must ride it.

ouch indeed. That sounded like it hurt a bit.

Come on up acca, we'll go for a ride. Bring your climbing legs.

Man, just listening to that makes my ribs hurt.

how about some directions on how to get to this trail
    go get lost, it is good for the soul

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    ouch!

Looks like a great trail. I will have to come try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo
    ouch indeed. That sounded like it hurt a bit.

Come on up acca, we'll go for a ride. Bring your climbing legs.
    I'll have to meet up with you guys and the rest of the Ogden posse. Perhaps on a Wednesday ride?

Quote Originally Posted by chromehead58
    how about some directions on how to get to this trail
    Here is a link and a map. The blue is the Grizzly Peak trail, Black will take you to Mantua, and purple is a portion of the White rock trail.

There is a small sign hung in the over hanging tree at the fork-u. The switchback (left) takes you up Grizzly and straight (right) takes you to white rock.

Fun trail for sure but like stevo says, bring your climbing legs.

The ribs are still pretty damn sore. Probably no riding for me this weekend either. I'll probably go clear some more trail though.

Steve, are the trails connected at the top of White Rock yet?

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/tr...errycanyon.htm

LC,

The trail goes all the way to the spot above the White Rock where your video starts at. It was continuous all the way to there and I didn't see another portion of trail above that so I'm saying yes they are connected. Super fun trail too. The only problem with it is the thistles along the flats getting over to the canyon with the rock in it. Those things hurts and they are about the right height to catch me in the hand every time.

accadacca,

Wednesdays are bad for me, but Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually good as well as Saturday. Anytime you want to come up and check it out, I'm sure we could show you around.

Thanks and I will take you up on taking me for a ride up there. what days and times are going to work best for you?

Quote Originally Posted by chromehead58
    Thanks and I will take you up on taking me for a ride up there. what days and times are going to work best for you?
    This week sucks for me cause I'm going to Bryce Canyon this weekend and I have to get everything ready, so I probably won't be able to ride this week. Next week on the other hand, I should be able to get out for an evening on either Tuesday or Thursday. What days are good for you? Let me know and we'll figure it out.

i am good any evening after 5..but if we need to leave earlier, just let me know what time and i can be there...my schedule is pretty flexiable..thanks and have fun in bryce..you going to ride thunder mtn while you are there?

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be taking my bike with me. This is the family vacation and my wife gets enough of the bike trips in October with Moab and such.

I will let you know next week when I will be going and we will get together. Anyone else that is interested can come along too. It'll be a good time.

Maybe next Thursday. Post an invite here when you decide. Maybe I can meet with beech and some others and meet you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Post an invite here when you decide.
    I and a couple of other guys may also be interested in this if we can make our schedules work. Let us know.