Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorial day weekend plans... who has them?

Memorial day weekend plans... who has them?

Maybe a little late to post this but here goes. Where did you go? How was traffic? Or in general what did you do? See anything interesting? What can you share...

---

I am hanging around town. I hope to have a BBQ if all goes well. It is going to be fairly uneventful for me. I do need to fix a sprinkler head. My boy took it out on his motorcycle last year. Ah well...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Flaming Gorge for the first time. My family and I have been invited to join a lady from work and her husband on their boat.

Time for my first kokanee salmon and possibly my first lake trout.

Bring'em on!
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Sorry to disappoint the outdoorspeople among us, but we are having a cookout birthday party for Abby's dad who turns 86 this weekend. Then on Sunday, we are all going to his house to work on his yard. We are looking forward to it, but it isn't Das Boot. Sorry.

Heading to the four corners area tomorrow morning....no plans set in stone, but I have some ideas.....we'll figure it out as we go :)
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

My car is packed and ready to go. Colorado river, Westwater canyon. Peak flow eek

It is my Anniversary.. so we are going to Zions in the morning to veg without kids and go do random hikes as we feel the need :) Stopping at some hot springs on the way down :)

I think I am going to go to the Zoo, have not been there in 3-4 years. Time to go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    My car is packed and ready to go. Colorado river, Westwater canyon. Peak flow eek
    Have fun! nothing better than peak flow.

me I'm fishing, EL and UL tomorrow, hopefully CC monday and maybe a trip to sundance for a bike ride in there somewhere. Oh ya BBQ's.
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

I was just advised that I'm going to Vegas on Sunday to see Cher!

I have always wanted to see her in concert - hey, if it's not Zion, Cher will do!!!

In the meantime, I guess I will knock off a good hike tomorrow.
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Picnics in the rain

No big wilderness plans, but today my band is playing the Art and Wine Festival in Boulder Creek. We've got the smaller stage but it's right next to the beer tent so we're optimistic we'll have a captive and happy crowd

Sunday it's up to The City (SF) to see Wicked with my wife's family.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Just hanging at the shop - I have 8 bikes I'm working on AND my parents are due to arrive around lunch time...just hanging with the family.

We were down in St. George for the weekend - just got back about an hour ago. I didn't ride - we brought shot guns and blew the hell out of some clay pigeons - or tried to. Great course in Hurricane. Weather was great, traffic - not too bad. Nice to get to see some sun.

Took my boy fishing this morning, caught nothing and after we got rained out we went for hot cocoa and saw the new Terminator movie. We'll try again tomorrow.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    ..just got back home from a 2000 mile round trip from SLC to Seattle (did some Ocean and Puget Sound fishing), then back home via Yellowstone National Park.

..Tired, sun burned and sore from all the 31' RV driving.

Did a bit of geocaching along the way as well.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce
    ..just got back home from a 2000 mile round trip from SLC to Seattle (did some Ocean and Puget Sound fishing), then back home via Yellowstone National Park.

..Tired, sun burned and sore from all the 31' RV driving.

Did a bit of geocaching along the way as well.
    Coolness. I bet you got some great pictures.

We all had a great birthday party for the grand patriarch. Among other things, my wife ended up riding Abe the Horse in a driving rainstorm, wearing her homemade paper birthday hat...

She does not look like the happiest camper...

Dang rain!

I was out on the road Got back yesterday after seeing old school Memorial Day celebration in Jackson Hole. Will post pics! Lots of traffic from Logan to SLC.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"