Thread: Chute of Muddy Creek

Chute of Muddy Creek

Spent a few days in Utah. Ended up doing a backpack trip in at Hidden Splendor then went up on the old mining track past Little Susan Mines and spent an overnight up in Chimney Canyon near the homestead then day hiked the forks for a few hours. Next day out and along the track, dropped into Muddy Creek and walked the Chute. Deepest water about mid thigh deep on me. Camped just outside the Chute although could have gone on in but enjoyed just being outside. Hiked out next morning, pretty hot but tolerable near the water. Biting gnats were aggravating. Drove out and saw some pronghorn antelope. Didn't see anyone else on the loop. Here are some pics from camping and trip.

You can rest when you're dead

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

was thinking of doign this sometime soon, but wondered about the bugs. thanks for helping me put it out of mind. those damn gnats and flies are a deal breaker.

and nice pics !
    signature

I think I need to add Muddy Creek to this year's potential "to do" list.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Re: Chute of Muddy Creek

[quote="RedRoxx"]

[quote]

Where is this at? I don't remember any part of the Chute being this narrow.

I don't remember any part of the Chute being this narrow.
    It's definately that narrow near the log jam (if any logs are left). That part of the canyon is narrow enough that if you canoe it and turn the canoe side ways you can wedge it between the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P
    It's definately that narrow near the log jam (if any logs are left). That part of the canyon is narrow enough that if you canoe it and turn the canoe side ways you can wedge it between the walls.
    Now I am really confused. I just hiked the Chute to do Segers Hole and don't remember the canyon constricting anywhere near this narrow. At what point does the canyon constrict like this. Can you point it out on a Topo map Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P
    Now I am really confused. I just hiked the Chute to do Segers Hole and don't remember the canyon constricting anywhere near this narrow. At what point does the canyon constrict like this. Can you point it out on a Topo map Scott?
    Oops, now I realize the "gorge" and the "chute" are two different areas. Never been in the chute yet.