Thread: Fireproof

Fireproof

Okay, I just watched the movie Fireproof (with Kirk Cameron). The movie is kind of hokey, and I know cheesy movies bases on religious principles probably isn't for everyone but I walked away wanting to be a better husband which universally has to be a good thing.

Anyway, I realize that even if nobody makes funny of me on this site about suggesting this movie, some of you will think me even more of a joke but I had never heard of it and it really has inspired me to be a better person, so I thought I'd try and share it with you guys. There is some great marital advice in this film that I am going to try.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1129423/
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nothing wrong with that. I used to watch this show on TV called "Shalom in the home" and it always wanted me to be a better husband too. I'll torrent your movie and watch it with the wifey.

Your safety is not my responsibility.

I recommended this on my family website and found out that my in-laws had been fighting after all their kids moved out and this movie (and doing the 40 day love challenge) helped them. I had never heard of this movie, but I have been surprised all the good things I have now heard about it.

But again as a warning, it is kind of hokey but the over all message is worth it.

I rented it from Redbox because nothing else was available. I thought it was going to be like a Firefighter drama type movie. After it was over I felt ripped of. My wife and I get along so I guess the message was lost on me. Don't get me wrong, I could be a better person. But I'm a jerk and she puts up with me.

Sorry to say it Disc but my wife and I were making fun of the cheesiness all the way through. The acting was way over the top.
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    Sorry to say it Disc but my wife and I were making fun of the cheesiness all the way through. The acting was way over the top.
    One of my good friends was telling me the same thing about making fun of that movie. My thought is this: How can any movie which makes me want to be a better husband be a bad movie? It totally was over the top and cheesy but I am going to do the 40 Day Challenge and try and be a better husband.

BTW- My wife and I get a long great now (except for small stuff) but we fought a lot when we first got married, so I can totally relate to a story where both sides blame the other person. This isn't the best movie of all time or anything. Probably not even a well done movie. But it is the best movie I have seen in a while to motivate me to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    One of my good friends was telling me the same thing about making fun of that movie. My thought is this: How can any movie which makes me want to be a better husband be a bad movie? It totally was over the top and cheesy but I am going to do the 40 Day Challenge and try and be a better husband.
    Don't get me wrong. It has a great message. But if you are looking for a Firefighter action movie you are going to be disapointed.
    The man thong is wrong.

If you are looking for a Firefighter action movie you are going to be disapointed.

Yeah, that has to be true.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum