Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday ride invite 5.26.09 Mill Creek pipeline

Tuesday ride invite 5.26.09 Mill Creek pipeline

Tuesday May 26th we will be riding Mill Creek Pipeline. Meet at the Rattlesnake Gulch parking at 6pm, we will shuttle up to the gate, ride pavement up to elbow fork and ride the trail back and down Rattlesnake.

Here is a guide at Utahmountainbikingdotcom http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/pipeline.htm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

oh and there's a $3 fee per car (2009), payable as you leave the canyon. It's free to ride up so you can park on Wasatch and ride to rattlesnake or carpool in

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Maybe I'll come to this and bring my season pass

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Is Rattlesnake like Bobsled? Is it more technical or about the same?

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes
    It's different. Down, tight switchback, down, tight switback... you get the idea. The top is "droppy" and rocky - after that it's all pretty mellow. However, they've done some work on it and I havent ridden it in a few years...
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Going to try and make it. My list of excuses so far...

Draper: Sick
    LCC: Still a little sick. Recovering from a 5 day rafting trip.
    Pipeline: My wife is having surgery today and I'll have to see how she is doing in a week. Will be back soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes
    It's different. Down, tight switchback, down, tight switback... you get the idea. The top is "droppy" and rocky - after that it's all pretty mellow. However, they've done some work on it and I havent ridden it in a few years...
    The top of rattlesnake can be brutal
    Dont let it stop you though, the rest of the trail is a blast and its easy to get off and walk the bike down the first few drops and rocky section then all fun down after that.
    Here is a trip report where my friend Shawn took his last offroad ride It's all paved parkway for him nowdays http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopi...er=asc&start=0

Hmmm I will think about it. The kids have a hard time with me taking off for bike rides at night and being gone so long. They called me 4 times last night on our ride in Little Cottonwood. When I rode with Beech last he said my phone sounds like the ice cream truck.

Your poor friend grounded to paved trails... that is a pitty.

I live really close to the trail and every time I take a newbie to rattlesnake gulch there is an accident. I will need to post some FAIL pics. Luckily, we were able to drive to hospital/home on our own so far.

Pipeline is pretty easy, downhill rattlesnake gulch is very steep, if you don't know how to ride technical downhill, totally walk your bike.

I haven't posted on this sight for a while. But I have been on a few rides with the group before. The rattle snake gulch is a fun ride. It's what makes riding the pipeline worth it. I'm hoping to make it up there for the ride. I need to start riding more.

love the down not so fond of the up
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

DAMN. I am gonna have to pass y'all. I am behind in the bikeshop - they piled up yesterday and today. It's a good thing I am off this week I really can't complain though business is picking up

Bad news still haven't gotten my bike from my brother who borrowed it. He won't be back from work until after 6 pm and I don't have keys to his house.

Good news I've got a season pass to Mill Creek Canyon and will try to bring a truck to ferry pepole up the canyon and then head off for a trail run. Where would you like to meet so you don't have to pay the enterence fee? Can also run a shuttle down canyon for those that don't want to ride the road after Rattle Snake Gulch.

I so wanted to come tonight... but my lovely babysitter graduates here in a couple days and they are doing a graduation dinner for her at 5PM tongiht. Maybe I can make next weeks ride...

I'm out as well, just found out that I have to work late tonight....... ....... Maybe next week.

Can't make it tonight. Have a blast!

I may make it this week, have to check with the puppy dog to make sure he won't miss me too much.

Who am I kidding, it is Tuesday, the bike is prophesied to be ridden on said Tuesday
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

So where would you like to meet I'm offering my season pass and truck so you don't have to pay an enterence fee.

For now look for a White Dodge Ram 1500 before the stop sign to head up canyon.