Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Why would a vehicle have many owners?

  1. #1

    Why would a vehicle have many owners?

    I'm thinking of buying a 94 4runner with low miles. Why? Because right now that's all I can afford. I think I may have found one, but I'm not sure. The Carfax report shows a clean title except for one thing that's a red flag to me--it has been sold many times, sometimes owned for less than a year. Only the original owner owned it for 4 years, and then it was sold a multiple of times. I ask myself why it would be sold so many times if it was a great vehicle. Any thoughts?

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #2
    Lots of people get tired of a vehicle after a short time. Nothing necessarily wrong with the vehicle, they just get bored, and get something else.

  4. #3
    maybe the radio doesn't work?

    i have a 90 4runner and love it. i'll probably drive it till its nothing but rust and get another. tough to kill a toyota.

    take it for a drive and to a good mechanic for a checkout then see whats up.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide
    maybe the radio doesn't work?

    i have a 90 4runner and love it. i'll probably drive it till its nothing but rust and get another. tough to kill a toyota.

    take it for a drive and to a good mechanic for a checkout then see whats up.
    Thanks. I was just worried it was a lemon and so people got tired of it extra fast. Does anyone know a good mechanic in the Layton area?

  6. #5
    Maybe someone was thinking of buying a 94 4runner with low miles. Why? Because right now that's all they could afford. They think that they may have found one, but they're not sure. The Carfax report shows a clean title except for one thing that's a red flag to them--it has been sold many times, sometimes owned for less than a year. Only the original owner owned it for 4 years, and then it was sold a multiple of times. Tney ask themselves, why it would be sold so many times if it was a great vehicle. Any thoughts?
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

  7. #6
    Maybe someone found a dead body where the spare tire goes????

  8. #7
    If a mechanic gives it thumbs up and it is priced well, then who cares why it has so many owners?

    Check if the engine has been rebuilt. 4Runners of that era are know to have bad heads. Ask me, I know.

    How many miles is low miles?




    James

  9. #8
    Haunted? Spooky voices? Apparitions?

    Have it inspected and exorcised.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    If a mechanic gives it thumbs up and it is priced well, then who cares why it has so many owners?

    Check if the engine has been rebuilt. 4Runners of that era are know to have bad heads. Ask me, I know.

    How many miles is low miles?




    James
    I've already checked on reviews for mechanic's shops in the area, so my plan is to test drive it and then take it to one of the shops to have it looked at. It's got 114,500 miles, which is what, about 6500 per year? Then again, I expressed my concerns about the multiple owners in an e-mail to the guy and I haven't heard back from him since, even though I told him I was still interested and wanted to have a mechanic check it out--if that was all right with him. Maybe he's gone for the weekend somewhere though, so I may still hear back.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    Maybe someone was thinking of buying a 94 4runner with low miles. Why? Because right now that's all they could afford. They think that they may have found one, but they're not sure. The Carfax report shows a clean title except for one thing that's a red flag to them--it has been sold many times, sometimes owned for less than a year. Only the original owner owned it for 4 years, and then it was sold a multiple of times. Tney ask themselves, why it would be sold so many times if it was a great vehicle. Any thoughts?
    A guy once told me "There are four things in the world I can't stand: Warm beer, cold women, wet toilet paper and a smart a$$."

    Haunted? Spooky voices? Apparitions?

    Have it inspected and exorcised.
    I've invited the local priest to help me evaluate this vehicle.

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jimflint1
    A guy once told me "There are four things in the world I can't stand: Warm beer, cold women, wet toilet paper and a smart a$$."

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Quote Originally Posted by jimflint1
    A guy once told me "There are four things in the world I can't stand: Warm beer, cold women, wet toilet paper and a smart a$$."

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Business owners say Zion project too costly
    By Iceaxe in forum Hiking, Scrambling & Peak Bagging
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 04:42 PM
  2. Investment company to fantasy owners: 'You're fired'
    By tanya in forum The Sports Junkie
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 08:48 AM
  3. Gun owners complain about treatment in West Valley City
    By Sombeech in forum Hunting & Shooting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 04:39 PM
  4. Questions for Ipod Touch owners
    By Kent K25 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 12:19 PM
  5. Dog owners 'fleeced' in poodle scam
    By asdf in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 09:55 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •