Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where the heck is this.

Where the heck is this.

It's somewhere between Black Dragon and South Temple Wash.
    I wanna find it soo bad any help would be appreciated.
    Contact me at coinslab@gmail.com or PM me

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nothings more helpful than an emoticon eating popcorn

That means I'm watching this thread also..... tell us more about the picto. Where did you get the picture. How do you know its between Black Dragon and South Temple? I've been given several maps from various source with rock art marked all along the front of the Swell. Problem is I don't know what the rock art actually is at most the places because it's just a waypoint.

I promise you someone in this group knows the answer. The amount of knowledge it this forum never stops amazing me.

And if you don't get an answer just have rockgremlin make it the next "where is it contest".... that always works.

I got it off of Flickr Bclee's Photostream but don't contact him he is WAY protective of his sites. I am willing to trade with someone. He told me that it's between black dragon and south temple wash. Please help. I have been looking for this site for 3 years. How do i get that contest started?

And FWIW... that sandstone looks to be the wrong color and maybe wrong type for most the area you are suggesting.

He doesn't tell me but when he does he doesn't lie he's very trustworthy. He tells me some sites. Anyhow how do i contact that guy.

I'm still saying wrong type of sandstone.... you can't make a turnip bleed....

Here is what the sandstone along the front of the Swell looks like...

But I could be wrong.... it wouldn't be the first time.

And by "that guy" I assume you mean rockgremlin... he's around he somewhere.... you can alway ping him in the members directory.

There is some excellent paintings all along the canyon so they obviously can . I know it's in there but i dunno where

Quote Originally Posted by coinslab
    I got it off of Flickr Bclee's Photostream but don't contact him he is WAY protective of his sites. I am willing to trade with someone. He told me that it's between black dragon and south temple wash. Please help. I have been looking for this site for 3 years. How do i get that contest started?
    Yea what happened to wheres is it? I actually win one and then it dies.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark
    Yea what happened to wheres is it? I actually win one and then it dies.

Mark
    maybe next time give a couple others a guess first. that one ended way too fast.

and i have no idea where that panel is. looks very nice though.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Come on someone I still don't know where it is :D

Go to bogley forums its down in kickin back.
    Mark

Mark
    Whattya mean?

Mark
    Whattya mean?
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=46

My ears are burnin'

Man, you've got me stumped here as well. It's a fantastic panel. I'd like to see it in person as well. I'm siding a little with Iceaxe here...the sandstone doesn't look middle-Swell-esque. Typically the swell around Black Dragon is Navajo Sandstone. The sandstone in your picture resembles Wingate. I could be wrong...but then again...there are members on this forum that know Black Dragon wash quite well (Summit) that haven't posted any pictures resembling the picture you posted (maybe they're just sitting on the beta?). Dunno.

BTW, the where is it contest will be starting back up in late June or July sometime. Rockgremlin is gonna be busy moving his family from Wyoming to Moab in the next few weeks. And Mark -- your prize is coming - I haven't forgotten.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I'm siding a little with Iceaxe here...the sandstone doesn't look middle-Swell-esque. Typically the swell around Black Dragon is Navajo Sandstone. The sandstone in your picture resembles Wingate.
    I'm pretty sure this up a Reef canyon, and not outside the Reef itself. You go far enough up any of those canyons and you'll see sandstone like in the photo. And for what it's worth, I don't know where the rock art is, but I'm sure if I put some effort into it I could figure it out. Maybe in a couple of days when I have more time.
    Blog | FB

K thanks for the help. Today i believe i will go to Uneva then explore some other canyons to investigate if they are there.
    Day 2 of canyon searching ha ha maybe, just maybe i'll find it.

My ears are burnin'

Man, you've got me stumped here as well. It's a fantastic panel. I'd like to see it in person as well. I'm siding a little with Iceaxe here...the sandstone doesn't look middle-Swell-esque. Typically the swell around Black Dragon is Navajo Sandstone. The sandstone in your picture resembles Wingate. I could be wrong...but then again...there are members on this forum that know Black Dragon wash quite well (Summit) that haven't posted any pictures resembling the picture you posted (maybe they're just sitting on the beta?). Dunno.

BTW, the where is it contest will be starting back up in late June or July sometime. Rockgremlin is gonna be busy moving his family from Wyoming to Moab in the next few weeks. And Mark -- your prize is coming - I haven't forgotten.
    Your moving from Green River to Moab? That's a change in scenery. How'd you pull that off.
    Mark

The photo has been tone mapped so thats why the sandstone looks so funky. I think I am no the same page as Udink but I am slightly hungover and ATM I am not sure where reef canyon is.
    I would start at I-70 and work my way south to Uneva, I have a feeling its in one of the canyons shorter canyons that cut into the reef.

but if coinslab does find it will he share it with the rest of us?

Rockgremlin is gonna be busy moving his family from Wyoming to Moab in the next few weeks.
    You sound pretty awesome in the third person