Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To Slot Canyon or not To Slot Canyon?? need some advice

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlizzy
    Presumably one can hire a 4WD taxi from Springdale, removing the need to drive back up there at the end of the day?
    Oh I forgot, I would not consider them nice four wheel drive taxis. They are vans you hope the doors or wheels do not fall off before you get there. But still better than hiking.

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm with Tom... No way I'm hiking up from the canyon bottom when I can hire a shuttle....

Information on Zion Shuttles
    http://climb-utah.com/Zion/trailheadshuttle.htm

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moab mark
    Presumably one can hire a 4WD taxi from Springdale, removing the need to drive back up there at the end of the day?
    Oh I forgot, I would not consider them nice four wheel drive taxis. They are vans you hope the doors or wheels do not fall off before you get there. But still better than hiking.

Mark
    Zion Adventure Company is no longer a booking agent for "Rich's Pretty Good Jalopey Shuttle Company", but instead, are managing the shuttles ourselves. Our vehicles are all fully functional, including doors that open and close and stay closed, as expected.

Unfortunately, the shuttle need to be booked in advance, which means you want the permit in hand before your book your shuttle. Which means, of course, getting the permit for the same day and then getting a shuttle is very difficult...

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia
    Quote Originally Posted by moab mark

Mark
    Zion Adventure Company is no longer a booking agent for "Rich's Pretty Good Jalopey Shuttle Company", but instead, are managing the shuttles ourselves. Our vehicles are all fully functional, including doors that open and close and stay closed, as expected.

Unfortunately, the shuttle need to be booked in advance, which means you want the permit in hand before your book your shuttle. Which means, of course, getting the permit for the same day and then getting a shuttle is very difficult...

Tom
    On another positive note if you get one of the girls from Zions that drive the shuttles. They are nicer looking and more friendly than the jalopey shuttle company employees.

Mark

Doors that stay closed - v. good *nodnod*

If we do end up getting the same day, I guess we'll just have to have our character built by hiking up there. Have hiked to Observation Point a few times, although never carrying 300 feet of rope...

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Our vehicles are all fully functional, including doors that open and close and stay closed, as expected.

Doors that stay closed - v. good *nodnod*

If we do end up getting the same day, I guess we'll just have to have our character built by hiking up there. Have hiked to Observation Point a few times, although never carrying 300 feet of rope...
    Yeah, folks seem to like that...

but, on the other hand... looking at the calendar, Pn June 29th we have a Chamberlain Ranch shuttle going at 9:30 am, which you could probably get on with short notice. It would give you kind of a late start, but, the canyon is not all that long, really, and the days are quite long, that time of year. Might work well for ya if you are jet-lagged in that direction...

Tom