Thread: Mountain Biking Suncrest / South Mountain

Mountain Biking Suncrest / South Mountain

Hey All -

I was driving up to the Suncrest subdivision on top of South Mountain in Draper and saw a bunch of mountain bikers. They looked very happy as if they had just dropped down some epic downhill.

I tried to chase them down Traverse Ridge Road on the North side of South Mountain into Draper, but couldn't catch them.

Does anyone know of any trails on the North slopes of South Mountain in Draper? Seems there is some awesome potential for some bobsled-type trails dropping off the top. My guess is there is a trail there, but I just don't know where it is...

This trail (or trails) would be way west of corner canyon...

Anyone have any info?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yep, there are some great new trails in Draper. Actually we are riding it tomorrow if your available. Below are also some links to some previous rides in this trail system. You can check back here for the Tuesday rides too. We ride the Draper trail every 4-5 weeks.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17000

Other reports:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11830
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6690
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7220

Thanks! Look like awesome trails! When it stops raining I will definitely check them out! Great pics!

There was also a race on the Draper course this morning as part of the ICUP race series. The guys you saw could have been racing maybe.
    Are we there yet?

Re: Mountain Biking Suncrest / South Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by waterlust
    Hey All -

I was driving up to the Suncrest subdivision on top of South Mountain in Draper and saw a bunch of mountain bikers. They looked very happy as if they had just dropped down some epic downhill.

I tried to chase them down Traverse Ridge Road on the North side of South Mountain into Draper, but couldn't catch them.

Does anyone know of any trails on the North slopes of South Mountain in Draper? Seems there is some awesome potential for some bobsled-type trails dropping off the top. My guess is there is a trail there, but I just don't know where it is...

This trail (or trails) would be way west of corner canyon...

Anyone have any info?

Thanks!

Sounds like it may have been people riding the new DH/FR trail that WAFTA has been working on there. I think it officially opens this weekend but people have been riding it for a while. Check out waftautah.com or the Draper DH on utahmountainbiking.com for more details. It's a fun ride for sure.

Re: Mountain Biking Suncrest / South Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by catch22
    Sounds like it may have been people riding the new DH/FR trail that WAFTA has been working on there. I think it officially opens this weekend but people have been riding it for a while. Check out waftautah.com or the Draper DH on utahmountainbiking.com for more details. It's a fun ride for sure.
    Ride on and I made two laps this afternoon sorry no pictures but it was a ball, quick and smooth, banked switchbacks and a few small jumps and drops. great work to all who helped build it