Thread: Top Rope Climbing up South Willow Canyon?

Top Rope Climbing up South Willow Canyon?

Ok so it has been YEARS since I have climbed when I quit climbing I was doing some beginning lead climbs but found that my Belayers brought the SUCK and ended up moving on.. Anyhow I would like to go do some climbing but need a partner (preferably someone that doesn't bring the SUCK at paying attention). I would consider myself a Novice again as I can't remember CRAP.

I was thinking maybe up South Willow out here in Tooele some evening or.. you got a suggestion?

I have all of my own gear less Rope (I have 150" Static 10.5mm that is in good shape so it could be used).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Top Rope Climbing up South Willow Canyon?

Quote Originally Posted by TooeleCherokee
    Ok so it has been YEARS since I have climbed when I quit climbing I was doing some beginning lead climbs but found that my Belayers brought the SUCK and ended up moving on.. Anyhow I would like to go do some climbing but need a partner (preferably someone that doesn't bring the SUCK at paying attention). I would consider myself a Novice again as I can't remember CRAP.

I was thinking maybe up South Willow out here in Tooele some evening or.. you got a suggestion?

I have all of my own gear less Rope (I have 150" Static 10.5mm that is in good shape so it could be used).

Might consider a dynamic rope for climbing rather than the static line you mentioned. Does wonders for your spine.

Re: Top Rope Climbing up South Willow Canyon?

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Quote Originally Posted by TooeleCherokee

Might consider a dynamic rope for climbing rather than the static line you mentioned. Does wonders for your spine.
    That is why I said less rope :) my static is for caving :)

Scott
    I am looking at a 160M dynamic after payday. Then we could go play if you want.
    "I'm a firm believer that if you play for more than you can afford to lose, you will learn the game." Winston Churchill

If you come out to SLC there are good places to toprope. Red Rock in Draper is a popular, often crowded crag but is great for beginners. Routes from 5.6 to 5.10d. All can be toproped or led on closely spaced bolts. Dogwood in Big Cottonwood is a popular TR spot as well. Ferguson Canyon has a lot of routes that can be TR'd too. Check out mountainproject.com, great resource for finding climbs.

Red Rock:
    http://mountainproject.com/v/utah/wa...rock/105739334

Dogwood:
    http://mountainproject.com/v/utah/wa...nyon/105739359

Ferguson:
    http://mountainproject.com/v/utah/wa...nyon/105739289

I've been climbing a lot lately but mostly weekdays during the day. Hit me up if that works for you.