Thread: Canoe trip down Green River - April 30th-May 3rd

Canoe trip down Green River - April 30th-May 3rd

Mike, Jarrod, Jarrod
    Attached Images Attached Images                          
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looks awesome man! How was the weather? Looks pretty dark.

What an awesome trip. Thanks for the pics. Why was the father in law crusty?
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    His idea of a canoe trip was to view the canoe as a vehicle. You get in, drive to where you are going and get out. I'm not sure he understood before hand that we would be spending lots of time in the canoe. He would get VERY frustrated when we would fool around (swim, splash, snack) instead of paddeling.

We had one major blow out when he was telling a story from when he was 18 and was abducted by aliens. He said they passed a wand around his body. I asked if they had molested him. He said no. I then asked him if the alien wand had been shaped like a penis. He freaked out and threatened to beat me between the eyes with a paddle.

I also found out on the last day that he had thought the Clorox bleach wipes in the toilet bag were baby wipes. He'd been wiping his ass with Lemon scented Clorox Bleach wipes for 4 days. Apparently this had significantly irritated his hemmroids. When Jarrod said that explained all of the lemon scented farts I thought we would have a full blown murder on our hands.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    His idea of a canoe trip was to view the canoe as a vehicle. You get in, drive to where you are going and get out. I'm not sure he understood before hand that we would be spending lots of time in the canoe. He would get VERY frustrated when we would fool around (swim, splash, snack) instead of paddeling.

We had one major blow out when he was telling a story from when he was 18 and was abducted by aliens. He said they passed a wand around his body. I asked if they had molested him. He said no. I then asked him if the alien wand had been shaped like a penis. He freaked out and threatened to beat me between the eyes with a paddle.

I also found out on the last day that he had thought the Clorox bleach wipes in the toilet bag were baby wipes. He'd been wiping his ass with Lemon scented Clorox Bleach wipes for 4 days. Apparently this had significantly irritated his hemmroids. When Jarrod said that explained all of the lemon scented farts I thought we would have a full blown murder on our hands.
    Sounds like my father-in-law. No way in hell I would ever go anywhere outdoorsy with him.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc

sounds funny now but at the time it was probably really annoying.
    The man thong is wrong.

Bogley BigShot
    Is she crazy!!!! I think you are just right.

Almost a guarantee that next year I'll be on that trip with you.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Great pics!

Where did you go once you reached the confluence? Did you hike out?

James

wow. that looks like a lot of fun.
    signature

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Almost a guarantee that next year I'll be on that trip with you.
    Yep. I've heard that before. It doesn't matter anyways, we're not doing the canoe trip next year. We're going to Monterrey, Mexico next year. Are you in? We're going with a small group over Memorial day in 2010. Mike, Jarrod, Cody, and I are definately going.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    Great pics!

Where did you go once you reached the confluence? Did you hike out?

James
    Yep. We packed the canoes and our gear up over into the Dollhouse and to a truck we'd left there. NOT.

We hired Tex's to come pick us up at the confluence with a jet boat. Standard practice for the canoe groups. It lets you see both rivers. Lots of fun.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Great TR and pics!

I think I met that same ranger that gave you a hard time when we hiked this area a few weeks earlier. Short, petite and maybe 45-50 years old?

She was nice in helping us switch campsite reservations but she was wound a bit tight. At one point when she was looking at her clip board of reservations I went to sit next to her to figure out what my options were and she got very nervous about me not seeing any names on there. "You could be a stalker", she said. Right, I'm teaching my wife and son stalking techniques in the Maze.

Speaking of hiking out...when I first visited Spanish Bottom in '81 I only met one other hiker on my trip. He was hiking up out of SB after rafting from the town of Green River. He had a "portable" kayak that could be broken down and packed but it was still something like 40lbs. So, he left it stashed and was hiking out to hitch to his car and then would return to SB to fetch his boat.

A little easier now with Tex's available to pull you out the Colorado.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"