Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 nights in Cambridge Mass - what to do?

2 nights in Cambridge Mass - what to do?

Hey guys n gals, in 3 weeks I'm flying out to Cambridge Massachussets for work.

I'm probably crazy to think I'll have time anyways, but what is 1 thing you would suggest seeing? No, I won't be an idiot tourist either.

I'll be coming in Wednesday evening and leaving Friday evening, the end of May.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

you should try something like this ...

lolz

Sorry 'Beech....can't help ya on finding anything "fun" to do while there; I try to avoid going to MA if I can help it.

If it were me, I'd probably find an Irish pub (PLENTY of those around) and drink myself into a stupor to make the time go faster, but I'm assuming you don't drink, so that's not an option.

You will be near the epicenter (Boston) of the Worst Drivers In The Country, so hopefully you won't have to drive while you're there. May God have mercy on your soul if you do.

There's a reason why the surrounding states call them "Massholes".

I've issued this warning here before, but I'll repeat it: stay out of the woods and high grass areas - this is prime season for Lyme disease ticks and they are EVERYWHERE and they are small and stealth-like. Also, I'm assuming that Cambridge isn't near any marshes, because you'll probably want to avoid those as well - the greenheads (nasty biting flies) are there and if they are out, they'll ruin your day as well.

But otherwise, enjoy your trip!

-SJ
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Can't go wrong with seeing some of the American Revolution sites. Harvard Square is near by too.

Buy a bumper sticker that says "I got lost in Boston"

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    Can't go wrong with seeing some of the American Revolution sites. Harvard Square is near by too.
    I'd be interested in a little American Revolution sight seeing. What are some sights I could drop by?

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    you should try something like this ...

lolz

Let me know when you get there, I'll run up and visit And I'm gonna have to go along with SJ's post

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Let me know when you get there, I'll run up and visit And I'm gonna have to go along with SJ's post
    Cool. Yeah, let's meet up fo' sho'

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    I'd be interested in a little American Revolution sight seeing. What are some sights I could drop by?
    Battles of Lexington & Concord. Concord Square the opening shot of the war. Paul Revere's ride. USS Constitution oldest naval ship in service. It was the USS Constitution's 200th birthday and out at see when I went.

I'd like to see Concord Square. Is it right there in Boston?

I'd like to see Concord Square. Is it right there in Boston?
    Just outside kind of like a suburb. Concord & Lexington are there own towns.

Lots of good sites to see. I suggest doing some or all of the Freedom Trail. Check out this link for what's on it and maps and stuff:

http://www.cityofboston.gov/freedomt...aneuilhall.asp

My family has especially enjoyed the USS Constitution at the far end of the trail.

Another touristy but fun thing is the "duck tour". You drive and cruise around the city in amphibious vehicles. Yes they drive them into the bay and sail around and then drive out.

http://www.bostonducktours.com/

For good reliable seafood go to one of the Legal's Seafood restaurants.

Have fun!
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

I'm starting to think that I'll only have an hour tops for one night, Thursday to see some stuff, but who knows. I'll definitely meet up with JP too.

Re: 2 nights in Cambridge Mass - what to do?

2 Nights in Cambridge Mass what to do
    ACT A FOOOO!!!!
    The man thong is wrong.

Will do

Hey JP, it looks like I get in around 5 pm on Wednesday night. I'll give you a call, maybe we can grab some dinner or something after I get all checked in.

I'm starting to think that I'll only have an hour tops for one night, Thursday to see some stuff, but who knows. I'll definitely meet up with JP too.
    Take a quick ride on the T. Get off at a stop near the Commons for a quick look see and then catch another train back to your start.

Bertucci's has good thin crust pizza.

Hey JP, it looks like I get in around 5 pm on Wednesday night. I'll give you a call, maybe we can grab some dinner or something after I get all checked in.
    OK, sounds like a plan. I'll start heading that way while you're still in the air

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    OK, sounds like a plan. I'll start heading that way while you're still in the air
    How far of a drive is it for you?