Thread: Music Thread; it's new to me.

Music Thread; it's new to me.

While waiting out the rain we spent some time talking about bands over the weekend in Moab. We were comparing likes and playing songs. There was a lot of Oh, you like this band? You should check out that band. So I'm going to start this thread to talk about new bands or bands that are new to me.

I'd like to see some comparisons made like Oh, you like the Killers and Muse? You should check out The Shins, Kings of Leon and TV on the Radio.
    Or You like My Morning Jacket and Modest Mouse? You should check out The Decemberists and Okkerville River. You might also like Bon Ivar or even Band of Horses.

It's not a requirement to make comparisons though; you can just name bands or bands and genre or bands and why you like 'em. Some mentioned at Moab that I have not had time to listen to were:
    The Eels, an American rock band (Kev, did you know they have a new CD coming out on June 2 2009?)
    Tokyo Police Club, a Canadian indie rock band.
    Shiny Toy Guns, apparently quite a popular American Rock band that I have been ignoring.
    Stan Rogers, a Canadian folk singer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

http://www.liveplasma.com/

Just put in any band name and it can also make recommendations to. I put in Muse. Not into that type of music though so not sure if they are good recommendations. I pretty much rely on Pandora 95% of the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

I've got to roll with Band of Horses. If you like them, check out Quicksand. I guess technically, it should be the other way around. I really dig them both.

Nice thread. I'm always looking for more music and it usually seems to be conversations like this that turn me on to bands that I really end up enjoying.

I listen to a lot of Buckcherry....

Buckcherry

If you liked Motey Crue or any of the metal bands from the 80's check this out.... it's Nikki Sixx new album and it's really good.

The Heroin Diaries - Nikki Sixx
    Sixx:A.M.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I listen to a lot of Buckcherry....

Buckcherry
    Quoted for absolute excellentness.

Re: Music Thread; it's new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Don

Shiny Toy Guns, apparently quite a popular American Rock band that I have been ignoring.
    they covered a Depeche Mode song
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

Love the Buckcherry also!

Breaking Benjamin is one of my favs.

"I'm gonna get you and your little dog too."

Quote Originally Posted by bbennett
    I've got to roll with Band of Horses. If you like them, check out Quicksand. I guess technically, it should be the other way around. I really dig them both.

Nice thread. I'm always looking for more music and it usually seems to be conversations like this that turn me on to bands that I really end up enjoying.
    Funny that this is brought up now. I just discovered Band of Horses and downloaded there first album yesterday. I gotta say, it's one of the best I've heard come out in a while. Great stuff. I'm gonna get there other one too and I'll check out Quicksand. Thanks for the tip.

On a note that's not really related to Band of Horses, I get into the whole ambient and shoegazing thing. Art of Noise, Cocteau Twins, Cranes, Slowdive and many others. Great stuff for when you just want some background noise or want to chill out for a while.

If you liked Motey Crue or any of the metal bands from the 80's check this out.... it's Nikki Sixx new album and it's really good.

The Heroin Diaries - Nikki Sixx
    Sixx:A.M.
    [/quote]

Not sure if I liked this or not, but the Crue was... still is my favorite.

BTW, anyone want to buy tickets for me?
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey