Thread: Blue Pool 4/10/09

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

Blue Pool 4/10/09

Beta: Trailhead located on Hwy 89 between Kanab and Page right after the town Big Water between mile post 4 & 3 closer to 4. If coming from Kanab, after crossing the bridge look for a pullout and rut road on the right and park here. Follow the road through the gate, close it and hike to the head of the slot because the canyon has a couple quick down climbs. All of the drops can be down climbed easily by a skilled canyoneer. The last drop is the only rappel (though it can be down climbed with exposure, be careful if you down climb because the drop goes from tight to very wide) from 2 bolts and 2 pitons on the left LDC. For an exit keep following the wash to the mouth of the canyon, make a left and find a weekness in the cliffs to regain the rim. I found it easies to follow a zig-zgging patter up the dryfall I found.

Trip Report: Because of the proximity to the Hwy there is a lot of trash in the canyon. No amazing slot canyon geological features. Not really worth it IMO. Maybe if you are in the area and need some time to kill. Though bad canyon > work Also found a dead fox and coyote in the canyon.

I found at every down climb there was a sling for an anchor. For a skilled canyoneer these drops are easy to down climb. I removed all the slings. Plus those slings wouldn
    Attached Images Attached Images                        

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cool trip report man! Some of the pics of trash remind me of a mad max movie of something similar. Amazing that a heavy engine block could get that far down a canyon. mother nature is amazing.

Your safety is not my responsibility.

Lotta coyotes boozin' in up in that slot.

Ah, I thought that looked familiar. We did part of it on our way to Page a few years back.

that is more webbing than I have ever seen. I thought there was a c.f. at the end of tierdrop but 20.jpg takes the cake. What is that random link doing?
    The man thong is wrong.

Too bad the canyon has so much trash. It was good of you to clean up what you did.