Thread: Toddler dies after being run over

Toddler dies after being run over

Very sad. This happened in my neighborhood. We saw a life flight chopper initially land in a field behind our house last night. My wife called around to find out that it was our neighbors little boy. My wife and I had met the mother a few times and seen her cute little boy. Tough deal for the family. Makes you think about your own kids safety.

April 22nd, 2009 @ 1:12pm
    By Marc Giauque

RIVERTON -- A toddler run over Tuesday in the driveway of a Riverton home has died. Sheriff's Lt. Don Hutson says 18-month-old Liam Higgins died overnight.

He was flown to Primary Children's Medical Center Tuesday evening after a truck, driven by his uncle, rolled over the boy's chest and head.

Investigators say Higgins had just left the house behind his grandmother and was trying to retrieve a toy.

The case will be screened with prosecutors for possible charges, but Hutson says it appears to have been a tragic accident.

Hutson says warmer weather clearly increases the risks for such accidents. "Understand that there are a lot of kids playing outside playing at this time of year. There's a lot of pedestrians, motorcycles and those present a totally different profile out on the roadway," he said.

The accident happened at the home of the boy's grandmother near 117th South and 2200 West.

E-mail: mgiauque@ksl.com
    Article: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=6238858

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wow, my thoughts and prayers are with them.

Truly sad! You can't check under your car enough times when there are kids around. When I was little my dad ran over one of my cats who was chilling on the wheel. I remember I cried hysterically. Couple of weeks later my dad started the car, getting ready to go to the city. My mom told him, to check under the car for cats. He did and found me under the car. I got a whooping that day.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

double post. Bogley is running slowwwwww tonight.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

They were saying on the news earlier that people need to be more careful and I just don't think there is much you can do about someone being under your car. I do not hold this guy one bit responsible and I truly feel badly for him.

I feel like the message here is not be more careful driving but be more watchful of your little ones.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

I can't even imagine what you would feel like if this happened. I don't think there would be any way that you would ever get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerShooter
    I can't even imagine what you would feel like if this happened. I don't think there would be any way that you would ever get over it.
    You don't get over it - you get used to it as much as possible.