Thread: Deadliest Warrior

Deadliest Warrior

Anyone else been watching this? Pretty intense show.

"Each week on Deadliest Warrior, a new episode will pit two of the most feared warriors civilization has ever known against each other. Along with the use of 21st century science and the latest in CGI technology, each episode enlists warrior-specific world-class fighters and experts to provide insight into what makes these combatants tick, analyzing every facet of their unique skills of destruction, culminating in a head-to-head final fight between two legends of the battlefield that will produce the deadliest warrior. Other highly-anticipated showdowns this season include: Pirate vs. Knight, Taliban vs. IRA, Yakuza vs. Mafia, Viking vs. Samurai, Green Beret vs. Spetznaz, Maori vs. Shaolin Monks, William Wallace vs. Shaka Zulu and Ninja vs. Spartan. "

The first episode had an Apache Warrior vs. Gladiator
    The second episode was Viking vs. Samauri
    This week's episode was Ninja vs. Spartan

Next week Pirate vs. Knight

Watch full episodes at http://www.spike.com/show/31082

Its on SpikeTV tuesdays at 8pm
    Last edited by accadacca; 04-19-2010 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

No I hadn't watched this. I saw the commercial but it reminded me of the show they had one a while ago like Shark vs Grizzly bear, and lion vs crocodile, and crap like that. Which I really did not enjoy. I thought it was silly when they built robots of each animal and had a cheesy CG fight with them, then stated obvious stuff (the shark is going to have a big advantage in the water, but once he gets on land the bear is gonna own him). But the way you describe this one makes it actually sound appealing. I will DVR a couple episodes and give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Been watching them myself

Ground glass and pepper to the eyes-------
    Been watching this

Not sure if I like the way they're matching them up. Next week is Pirates versus Knights

Max Geiger, one of the hosts and dude who fills in all the computer data is a buddy of mine. I asked him how much time and effort goes into it and he said that there is a lot the viewers don't see. It takes from three days to a week to gather all the data, test all the weapons with accelerometers and record info from all weapons and fighting styles before they input the data into the simulator. There is no base fighter data, so everything is fresh and custom as it goes into the program.

They do the match ups based on similar weapons and armor which most of the simulations have been pretty close in kills, besides Spartan vs. Ninja.

He said coming up soon after they get melee weapons, historical figures and martial art styles out of the way, they will start doing elimination rounds and 4 vs 4 groups. The program that Slitherine Studios made is set up for a lot of unique battles.
    bluerei : You can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

I just vistied "Nebraska" with my on-line "Credit Card" and pick up the first three episodes....

I'll let you know how it goes....

New Season starts tomorrow. :)
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Oh thanks! I loved the first series so gonna grab this...
    Your safety is not my responsibility.