Thread: Canyoneering Camping Spots

Canyoneering Camping Spots

Is there a standard campground for Escalante canyons? We may head down there this week for the non technical stuff we havent done.

Also, in the Roost, where is this 'Granary Springs' campground?
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Canyoneering Camping Spots

Quote Originally Posted by DWayne27
    Is there a standard campground for Escalante canyons? We may head down there this week for the non technical stuff we havent done.

Also, in the Roost, where is this 'Granary Springs' campground?
    I'm not sure about "campground"s. When it's phrased that way, makes it sound official. However, there is a spot just after turning from the Hole In The Rock road onto the Egypt Bench road in Escalante. It's just a flat spot on the left (North) side.

As for Granary Springs, it's also called Motel 6. Granary springs shows up on many maps; it's near the start of Blue John canyon. Most beta for Blue John, including Kelsey's books, gives the location. Again, it's not an established campground or anything; just a flat, open area.

Hope that helps,
    A.J.

Tom has a good map on his website for granary springs:

http://canyoneeringusa.com/utah/201cbluejohn.jpg

In escalante there are plenty of places to camp along hole in the rock road. Depends on where you are going. There are good spots about a mile down the HITR, there are some off the egypt bench road, and pretty much every other side road down there.

No- nothing official, just any well known or used spots.
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

From Wed- Sat I'm planning on camping at the first spot/turnoff on the right (west) once you turn on Hole in the Rock Road if you want to join me or stop by and say hi. I still have that biner of yours I need to get back to you.