Thread: Fat Mans Misery last Sunday

Fat Mans Misery last Sunday

Plans began several weeks earlier and our group grew to 11 people then shrunk to 5; our alpine start of 5AM got sleepy eyed and kicked back to 9AM. Beautiful weather and awesome company. Pamela, Eric, Casey, Bert and I laughed and played on a picture perfect day. Lizards, Tree Frogs, Snow Patches, Cool Water and flowing rivers. What else could we ask for!
    Attached Images Attached Images           

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

beautiful. I love that canyon. The ending can't be beat, an oasis in the desert. Bummer is the hike out afterwards.
    The man thong is wrong.

Awesome! The Canyoneering TR's are staring to roll in.

Good pictures! Everyone looks very happy. Looks like a fun day.

Do you normally exit and return as a loop? Or, have you tried exiting up French canyon with a shuttle? I can see doing the French canyon exit if you are camped up there, or if you really like poison ivy, or if you want a change of scenery; but is there a time advantage to one or the other?

Do you normally exit and return as a loop? Or, have you tried exiting up French canyon with a shuttle? I can see doing the French canyon exit if you are camped up there, or if you really like poison ivy, or if you want a change of scenery; but is there a time advantage to one or the other?

Quote Originally Posted by davehuth
    Do you normally exit and return as a loop? Or, have you tried exiting up French canyon with a shuttle?
    IMHO.... If you can swing it exiting French Canyon is by far the best route... the hike up through the Barracks is really nice. Also the French Canyon Exit hike is about 1/10th as diifficult as the hike back over Checkerboard.... that being said.... the French Canyon Shuttle SUCKS!... pick your posion...