Thread: Spry

Spry

Well i had a chance to do Spry Canyon this last saturday. This was only the seccond time doing it and the weather ended up being great. We got on trail at about 9am or so and it was about 55 degrees. The hike in was great just the right tempreture. we got to the first rap and there was a group of 6 laying around resting and another group of 2 that had joined up our group of 2 on the scramble into the canyon. Needless to say while they were resting we threw on our shorties and got on rappel. There was a small stream running down the first rap and the water was pretty cold. At the bottome of the first rap there was a pretty good size snow drift to the LDC of the pool at the bottom.

The rest of the canyon was great. The canyon was dumbed down since last year. the first two down climbs and the seccond rappel where bypassed by a rappel off of a tree to the right just past the cave section it did make for a good rap but passed the small slot section.

I think it is rap #6 that they moved the rap up to the left off of a big pine tree. You use to rap off of a chockstone down to a pot hole. Then continued down past the pothole to the canyon bottom. The rap off of the tree is a really good one but it dosen't follow he water course like it use to. All and all a shorty wet suit was plenty warm for us and the guys in the dry suits and full wet suits were wishing they had less on. There were no swim and i never got wet above my belly.

It was a great day for that canyon. I don't have the pics but we brought a camera with us and will post some video on you tube soon.
    IT ALWAYS LOOKS HIGHER FROM THE TOP!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement