Thread: Mountain Bike Tri... anyone interested?

Mountain Bike Tri... anyone interested?

There's a race on the 25th of this month that I'm doing, would love to have some company! It's a short triathlon with a mountain bike leg! 300m pool swim, 8 mile mtb on the BST around Red Butte and a 5k run.

It's called the 4th Street Clinic Triathlon (proceeds go to the 4th St. Clinic)...
    Here's info: http://<a href="http://www.findarace...aceId=7713</a>
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That sounds like a good time. I've been thinking about doing a triathlon just to broaden my horizons a bit. I won't be able to make it to this one this year, but could definaltely plan for it next year.

I have been getting my swim, bike, run on the past bit of time preparing for my first Tri.....though I am not sure if I am ready to commit in 2 weeks.... (but you have my mind working)

Going to check out the route.....

so, would this be like the aluminium man triathlon?

you have more energy than i do. get er done.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Registered......

Not sure if I am ready for this....but whatever, I have 2 weeks....... I have also tried to challenge a few friends into signing up....we will see how much pride they have.....

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce
    Registered......

Not sure if I am ready for this....but whatever, I have 2 weeks....... I have also tried to challenge a few friends into signing up....we will see how much pride they have.....
    Yay!! :-) You'll do fine! It's short.... ;-) The AluminumMan! Remember, the first one is always for fun and experience. This is my third, but I'm not sure the first one counts since it was backward (too cold to swim first in Nov.). I did the Icebreaker a couple of weeks ago - it was a blast, well, except for the swim - too many people in the pool at one time, they were like crawling over me, knocking into the side of me, kicking me in the face - freaked me out! Ah well, here I go again! :-)

I'd love to "find" you somehow. Post your number after you register - are you gonna register at REI the night before?

Any other takers?
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Yes, as far as I know....I can pick my stuff up at REI the night before.....

My wife and some friends have committed to doing a team event..... Michelle will be anchoring the bike leg......

My wife and some friends have committed to doing a team event..... Michelle will be anchoring the bike leg......
    That's awesome! I have a Gary Fisher Superfly 29er - if you notice it, say hi!!

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger

Will Do!

My wife(Michelle) will be on a red Klein Attitude. I(E.J.) will be the guy last out of the pool, struggling on the ride(Black ano BLT) and looking near death on the run.....when not near death, I look sort of like this.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger

Will Do!

My wife(Michelle) will be on a red Klein Attitude. I(E.J.) will be the guy last out of the pool, struggling on the ride(Black ano BLT) and looking near death on the run.....when not near death, I look sort of like this.....
    LOL... that's so funny! I'll look for you two - you definitely have a distinctive look! I might race ya for last out of the pool! :-) I'll look something like this: So happy to be done! :-)

Looks like fun....how does the team thing work. I can bike and run, but can't swim. National champion mountain biker so if anyone wants me to do that part I'm game.

Quote Originally Posted by k2beastin
    Looks like fun....how does the team thing work. I can bike and run, but can't swim. National champion mountain biker so if anyone wants me to do that part I'm game.
    You just register as a team and sign people up... there's a team section on registration, I think...

Karen.

Treehugger,

Fairly confident that I saw you on the Shoreline Trail this afternoon.... I was on the side of the trail, letting you and another female rider climb past.....there was a male who may or may not have been with your group, just a bit behind.

I recognized the face, but the Superfly gave you away.... Would have said something, but by the time I was sure....you were past.....

I was trying to get an idea of what the ride will be like on Saturday.

Have you done this Tri before? It is difficult to believe that they are going to have a lot of single track on the ride......

Treehugger,

Fairly confident that I saw you on the Shoreline Trail this afternoon.... I was on the side of the trail, letting you and another female rider climb past.....there was a male who may or may not have been with your group, just a bit behind.

I recognized the face, but the Superfly gave you away.... Would have said something, but by the time I was sure....you were past.....

I was trying to get an idea of what the ride will be like on Saturday.

Have you done this Tri before? It is difficult to believe that they are going to have a lot of single track on the ride......
    Yep, that was me! Me and my friend Rhonda out for some miles - also getting a feel for the race, havent ridden Shoreline yet this year.

I have not done this tri before, just happened upon it and thought it sounded like fun with a mountain bike ride - and I really wanted to get back in the pool after the crazy swim I had at the last one. Next time, holler - it'll give me an excuse to stop and take a breather! :-)

My GOD that was fun..... Ready for round two.....

Sweet!! I'll post some pics soon! It WAS a blast! Especially the bike of course!!

Here's a few:

GREAT PICS!

Congrats, you kicked A$$!

I have a lot of work to do, but cannot wait to do it again.....