Thread: New License Plate for Utah - Share the Road

New License Plate for Utah - Share the Road

[b]Share the Road' license plate is rolled out
    Safety

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Being an old bike rider, I like that plate. Anything that will help a cyclist.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar

I hate bike riders. Plain and simple. They wear their goofy spandex riding outfits and dorky looking aerodynamic helmets, then ride right in the lane of traffic pretending they're a semi-truck.

The worst offenders are those that ride up and down Redwood past Riverton toward Saratoga Springs (where the construction is).

What would provoke somebody to bike in an area like that where cars and trucks w/trailers barely have enough room as it is?

2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce

I hate bike riders. Plain and simple. They wear their goofy spandex riding outfits and dorky looking aerodynamic helmets, then ride right in the lane of traffic pretending they're a semi-truck.

The worst offenders are those that ride up and down Redwood past Riverton toward Saratoga Springs (where the construction is).

What would provoke somebody to bike in an area like that where cars and trucks w/trailers barely have enough room as it is?
    yeah, as far as i am concerned, even small automobiles shouldn't even be on the road ... just 4x4 trucks, semis, and SUVs.

There is an unfortunate attitude that people get when in their cars. They are now in a WEAPON as much as a vehicle. This is too bad but it's out there.

When your on a bike and talk to people outside of their cars they are very friendly to you. Put them in a car and watch out....

Thats why I like my Dodge one ton 4x4. Get in my way ass..ole and your history.

I hate bike riders.
    I couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFinn
    Thats why I like my Dodge one ton 4x4. Get in my way ass..ole and your history.
    I hear that

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFinn

Quote Originally Posted by stefan

yeah, as far as i am concerned, even small automobiles shouldn't even be on the road ... just 4x4 trucks, semis, and SUVs.
    At least small cars can keep up with traffic instead of impeding it...

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    At least small cars can keep up with traffic instead of impeding it...
    i dunno, once when i was in LA, i was on "the 10" in the seventh (leftest) lane and i randomly got stuck behind a freaking VW rabbit going 45 mph ... damn hippy treehugger trying to save gas ... too much traffic to might right going too fast for me to do anything about it. i should have just driven right over him with my truck.

My next car will have one of those plates on it.

It's ok Brute, I live way north of you where the roads are rural and they have good shoulders to ride on. I won't bother you.

This the jealousy talking because you're too chubby to ride a bike?

Seriously, though, your attitude sucks ass.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote

This the jealousy talking because you're too chubby to ride a bike?

Seriously, though, your attitude sucks ass.
    Actually, Rev - Brute is one of THE fittest men I've ever met.

At least you know where Brute stands. Pretty much shoots straight and speaks the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman70

Actually, Rev - Brute is one of THE fittest men I've ever met.

At least you know where Brute stands. Pretty much shoots straight and speaks the truth!
    I've seen the pictures, I know. That's why I said what I said. Because it was ironic.

Yep, I know where he stands alright.

I ride an old mountain bike around town (in blue jeans and a T-shirt, mind you, and no helmet) where there's a bunch of drivers with Brute's entitlement attitude. THEREFORE I pack a .32 when I ride (an 1896 Iver-Johnson breaktop, fires 93% of the time).
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    I ride an old mountain bike around town (in blue jeans and a T-shirt, mind you, and no helmet) where there's a bunch of drivers with Brute's entitlement attitude. THEREFORE I pack a .32 when I ride (an 1896 Iver-Johnson breaktop, fires 93% of the time).
    While I truly appreciate Mooseman, my initial post was in jest (hence the ).

I do think that the full spandex outfit is a bit gay though (about as gay as casual joggers who seem inclined to put on the full spandex outfit).

I too have a mountain bike (thanks, Walmart ) and enjoy a bit of casual biking.

I am very conscientious about providing ample space on the road to bicyclists, but do worry about some of the "PRO" riders that choose to ride in unsafe locations (like the aforementioned Redwood road).

Lighten up, Rev.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce