Thread: Biking Today

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

Biking Today

Janet and I are going to go see how things look on the BST. Will let ya know!
    Chere'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Biking Today

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    Janet and I are going to go see how things look on the BST. Will let ya know!
    Take some pics.

I'd gladly join you, but I'll be packing for Goblin Valley tomorrow.

Such a nice ride!!! I did take pics but I don't have the little thing-a-ma-jig that I need to plug into my computer to down load them. So you will have to wait until later tonight.

The bridge you cross at Waterfall Canyon is damaged. Some jerks smashed out a section. And there is a big rock that fell onto the trail just past the point coming from Rainbow over to Waterfall. You can go around but other then that all is ok. Still slimey where the trail sees no sun and some snow still on the trail.

Pics later!
    Chere'

I rode from the 29th Street TH down to were the Beus Canyon Trail splits. Trail was great with the few exceptions noted above. It was really nice to get out and push myself a bit...the break from riding this winter certainly didn't help my handling skills. Here are a few pics...

Beau
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Ok here is the bridge, Janet and Me. We are very happy!

So Tumbleweed where you wearing yellow? I am asuming from your pic you are a fighter pilot? I have to ask if you know my friend. I will PM you. Probably not but I have to ask.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Chere'

I think most of the time I cross that bridge, it's always missing a board somewhere.

Really I have never seen it with out a board.
    Chere'

It's possible vandalism, or maybe the floods push it over onto the rocks breaking it, but I've probably seen that bridge missing a plank most of the time. Sometimes in the spring it's not even there, it's pushed downstream a bit.

If it's vandalism, they really suck at what they do. but it seems I'm always hopping over a missing part of that bridge.

Thanks for the pixs. That trails looks to be in good shape and that's encouraging for the SLC posse.

Ok here is the bridge, Janet and Me. We are very happy!

So Tumbleweed where you wearing yellow? I am asuming from your pic you are a fighter pilot? I have to ask if you know my friend. I will PM you. Probably not but I have to ask.
    I was wearing a yellow/red MTBR.com jersey, black shorts & a blue helmet. Don't recall seeing any women riders out there during that time (3:15 - 4:15ish). I saw your post earlier and thought that is a great idea...so I went and rode and it was good.

I am a fighter pilot currently, but will be leaving Utah in a few weeks for NorCal and learning to fly the U-2. Only bicycle gear airplane in the air force. Should be interesting - check out the video below. Be advised it is not kid friendly and has some naughty language. PM me your friend's name...if they fly F-16s or are stationed at Hill I might know them.

WE SAW YOU!!! And cursed cuz you were fast and so far a head of us!!! LOL. I get bitter about fast riders. I am soooooo slow. About the time we made it to the large rock that juts out. We could see your yellow jersey way way way ahead of us. We saw you first as we were getting on our bikes and heading out of the parking lot. The last time I saw you I don't exactly remember where but I remember being bitter you were headed back and half way to the parking lot. You must have rode up Beus's for a bit. And we just went to the end where Ross's street is? Then we headed back.

My friend is currently stationed in Fargo. He did fly F-16's. I met him 3 years ago when he was doing training or maintenance or something out here at Hill. He is such a sweet heart!! He is now flying those unmanned things.. UAV's? Every once in a blue moon I get to have lunch with him. I know he misses ACTUAL flying.
    Chere'

WTF.... the wheel fell off the plane!!!!!!!! Half the time I couldn't decide if the person flying that contraption was trying to take off or landing.

YOU ARE CERTIFIABLE! If you intend to fly that thing.
    Chere'

WTF.... the wheel fell off the plane!!!!!!!! Half the time I couldn't decide if the person flying that contraption was trying to take off or landing.

YOU ARE CERTIFIABLE! If you intend to fly that thing.
    Yeah...I've been getting that a lot lately! That is a collection of about 30+ years of landing mishaps. Mostly of pilots who are interviewing to fly the jet. It is a tough SOB to land!

Trail looks great, every time I want to get out and ride the damn weather turns for the worst??? WTF hopefully this weekend i can make it out and the weather will cooperate with me. thanks for the pics!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I think you two talked to me at the Taylor's Canyon sign.
    I was the fat old man with the crazy Buddha-the-retard-dog.
    Was that you guys?
    I used to be concerned about my apathy, but now I don't care anymore.

That was us!!!

How nice to meet you. Wish I would have known you were a Bogleyite. See we need that gang sign.
    Chere'

Anytime!! My goal this year is to ride as many sections of the BST I can.
    Chere'