Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Silver Beaver

My Silver Beaver

For those of you who were not aware, I received an award last night from the Boy Scouts of America. This award is known as the Silver Beaver; it is the highest award an adult Scout leader can receive on a Council level. My Silver Beaver awards ceremony last night will be forever held as one of the defining moments in my life. I have been associated with the Boy Scouts of America for 30 years and have had some of the greatest experiences. I have climbed Mountains and paddled rivers and camped more nights than I can count. Though I am feeling pretty special right now, I pause to think about the 100 plus young men who I have had the privilege to hike and camp with. Most of those boys will never read this, but I still need to thank them first, for making my experience so fantastic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    See you on the Trail

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Congratulations--serving youth is admirable.

But--So is Santa Claus

You have the complete package.

Congrats! Nice Beaver!

I was very lucky as a kid to have really great scout leaders in our ward. Tons of camping, back packing, river trips, etc. So I really admire people like you who take the time and effort to spend time with the scouts.

I wonder how in the world our scout masters were able to put up with us. We were quite a rowdy bunch.

This one time at scout camp.......

Congratulations! That is awesome!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    congrats

I know what an accomplishment this. My father has recieved the Silver Beaver award.

Growing up I was lucky to have an accomplished scout leader like you. There were 4 adult leaders in my troop that had the Silver Beaver and 1 Silver Antelope.

When I was asked to be an assistant scoutemaster it was disconcerting to me to see a troup not run corectly by the leadership compaired to my youth.

Keep up the good work.

WOW! Congratulations! What an accomplishment.

My oldest boy just got to the Bear level in Cub Scouts. I can't wait for the fun to begin when he reaches Boy Scouts. I hope that he can have a leader as committed to, and excited about Boy Scouts as you.

Wat to go Scout Master!

Well done and congratulations. You should be very proud, certainly we here on Bogley are proud of you..
    Peter

Well done scoutmaster a worthy accomplishment.

That's awesome. I'm an Eagle Scout, but that's as far as I took it. You've shown some real love and commitment.

No such thing as a gold beaver?

Congratulations

Congratulations. I worked in scouts up until 3 years ago. I think I had 15 years in some capacity. I burned out after my son left the program. You should be proud of yourself. BSA gets a bad rap from some of the progressives, but it is an important program for the boys and their parents. I don't think the program get enough good press.

Congratulations! Thanks for the years of dedication and time given to the youth in a great program. That is a great milestone and honor!
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

Congrats! My Dad got his Silver Beaver last year. I went to the ceremony and it was very cool. The old man made me proud and I teared up a bit. Yes, somehow acca is an eagle scout too (there was a motorcycle involved).

Well done! I cant wait to taste some dutch oven in Moab. I bet you make a wicked pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    No such thing as a gold beaver?
    In scouting SILVER is always the highest ranking award. For example, in the Venturing program it begins with Bronze, then moves to Gold, and the final, highest award is the Silver award.

It's a scout thing.
    Never pistol whip someone with your gun...that could mar the finish.

Very VERY well done. I admire and respect all who acheive this award. It really is a great honor for you. Few things in life make more of a difference than the influence we have on the youth. Again, well done.
    Life is Good