Thread: Cheaper than dirt

Cheaper than dirt

I don't know if anybody buys from Cheapter than dirt, but I would suggest a boycot of them after I seen the prices they are trying to get from ammo they are trying to sell there .380 Blazer Alum for 69.97 per box of 50. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM3172-5.html. What are they thinking, if anybody pays this type of price I guess they deserve to get screwed. I know at least for me I will never buy anything from CTD. This is just plain outrageous $70.00 per box of 50 what should be around $13. What the hell are they thinking.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar

Re: Cheaper than dirt

Quote Originally Posted by RugerShooter
    I don't know if anybody buys from Cheapter than dirt, but I would suggest a boycot of them after I seen the prices they are trying to get from ammo they are trying to sell there .380 Blazer Alum for 69.97 per box of 50. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM3172-5.html. What are they thinking, if anybody pays this type of price I guess they deserve to get screwed. I know at least for me I will never buy anything from CTD. This is just plain outrageous $70.00 per box of 50 what should be around $13. What the hell are they thinking.
    With the current massive shortage of ammo, it's not surprising they've increased their prices.

I'm not a fan of Cheaper than Dirt and have heard bad things about their ammo (from friends on a military web site I frequent).
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

I understand raising your rates a little who wouldn't but $70 a box is just way beyond what it should be raised to. IMO it is about 5X higher than it should be.

I understand raising your rates a little who wouldn't but $70 a box is just way beyond what it should be raised to. IMO it is about 5X higher than it should be.
    Supply & Demand
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

I've recently bought a couple of bricks of .22 ammo from them and prices have almost doubled in the last 6 months. Either pay or no play!

Not getting much elsewhere either. Either out or price is up.

Hey, bro, I'm going to disagree with ya.

Calling for boycotts and all.... Gas has jumped, looks like it may be a repeat of last year. You going to boycott gasoline???

And it will probably only double in price.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830

Calling for boycotts and all.... Gas has jumped, looks like it may be a repeat of last year. You going to boycott gasoline???

So your saying just becasue of supply & demand it's ok to increase your price by 5X?

So your saying just becasue of supply & demand it's ok to increase your price by 5X?
    ...if people will buy it....they can charge it
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

uh, yes... isn't that how everything works? you have a super rare mickey mantle rookie card, it's worth thousands of times it's face value.

if people will pay, why would they sell it cheaper?

I am just saying you can find the ammo, if you want to wait a little bit. Cabelas.com has magtech for 16.00 per box it's just a 2-3 week wait.
    or Wolf ammo is 13.75 per box with a 3-4 week wait. If anybody pays $70 per box they are just plain nuts.

Re: Cheaper than dirt

I don't know if anybody buys from Cheapter than dirt, but I would suggest a boycot of them after I seen the prices they are trying to get from ammo they are trying to sell there
    Drastic measures without knowing the rest of the story. Most retailers I know of use a standard markup for items in their store. They buy the item for XX dollars, mark it up XX% and sell it to you. I'll bet you dollars to donuts that Cheaper than Dirt has had a major price increase from their supplier.

Just sayin....

I am just saying you can find the ammo, if you want to wait a little bit. Cabelas.com has magtech for 16.00 per box it's just a 2-3 week wait.
    or Wolf ammo is 13.75 per box with a 3-4 week wait. If anybody pays $70 per box they are just plain nuts.
    I'm going to try this next. Play the waiting game now that I have some rounds on hand.

However, I have been on the list at Ammoman for 22LR for over a month. Difference may be that I have not paid or placed the order. I'm just on the email list to be notified when it comes in.

They're gonna have to change their name

I say its a free market economy. If the can get 100X go ahead.
    Of course I won't buy it and neither will you but if the can get it more power to them.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!