Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roost Conditions and Trip Report

Roost Conditions and Trip Report

Hey all,

So we did end up getting out to the Roost and did most of the Robbers Roost Canyon system. For the first time, I fell prey to the different naming conventions. I didn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Excellent, thanks for the report...

you still have the Middle Fork, Lost Spring Forks, all too many North Forks and the several forks between Mind Bender and Not Bindbender to do - Almost, Maybe and Unlikely... before you can claim the tick on the Robbers Roost Canyon System!

Tom

dammit tom, don't give him any ideas! he'll have 'em done by thursday.

Re: Roost Conditions and Trip Report

[quote=AJ]For the first time, I fell prey to the different naming conventions. I didn

+1 Ice.

You should set up a dummy account and include the name and password in your TR so we can see those damned photos. I hate signing up for crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia
    Excellent, thanks for the report...

you still have the Middle Fork, Lost Spring Forks, all too many North Forks and the several forks between Mind Bender and Not Bindbender to do - Almost, Maybe and Unlikely... before you can claim the tick on the Robbers Roost Canyon System!

Tom
    Yeah, I know. We got a bunch of it done though. Had I figured out that NMF and LMF were NMB and Mindbender; I would have gotten some of the other ones done. Oh well, gives me stuff to look forward to on another trip!

Do you have info on some of those? Almost, Maybe and Unlikely? I've upclimbed a few of the forks on MB and NMB, as well as other Roost canyons; but would love to know the ones I'm missing. I'm sure there's plenty...

Thanks!
    A.J.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    +1 Ice.

You should set up a dummy account and include the name and password in your TR so we can see those damned photos. I hate signing up for crap.
    He did. maybe he can repost the username and password again.

Re: Roost Conditions and Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Don't say I didn't try to warn ya.....
    Yeah, I looked on climb-utah; and it just didn't register. Had too many details going on in my mind at the time I guess. Feel free to slap me upside the head if you think I'm about to do that again... ;)

Thanks for the update on conditions.

I wish you would use something other then snapfish to post your pictures. They make you join up to view the pics.... so I never bother. I'm guessing I'm not the only one....

Happy you had a good trip....

C'mon guys. I already set up a dummy account; didn't know I'd have to post it with EVERY trip report... ;)

snapfish09@yahoo.com
    pwd:
    photos09

Enjoy!

nice pics.

we were on our way to do sfrr all the way down and out angel trail a couple weekends ago, btu when passing devils canyon area decided we couldn't wait to get on the ground so stopped there. no regrets, but still need to do sfrr !

i was disappointed in the nmb slot, but those huge, sweeping, tiger striped walls of the narrows were fantastic.

signature

Glad you liked the pics.

You should definitely do SFRR. I thought it was a good canyon. I'd definitely go the one day route too. Nice to not be carrying heavy packs for the hike. Now that I know we can do it in less than 10 hrs, it's definitely the way I'd go if I do it again too...

Yeah, the walls in NMB are definitely beautiful.

Take care,
    A.J.

Quote Originally Posted by goofball
    nice pics.

we were on our way to do sfrr all the way down and out angel trail a couple weekends ago, btu when passing devils canyon area decided we couldn't wait to get on the ground so stopped there. no regrets, but still need to do sfrr !

i was disappointed in the nmb slot, but those huge, sweeping, tiger striped walls of the narrows were fantastic.

what do you expect? if you use a crappy image host, you are going to have to help us out if you want people to look at them. i'd say post the dummy account every time, because i sure as heck ain't gonna look for it.

what do you expect? if you use a crappy image host, you are going to have to help us out if you want people to look at them. i'd say post the dummy account every time, because i sure as heck ain't gonna look for it.

If you want to move my 6K+ photos, I'll switch hosts.

I'll try to remember to post the dummy account for you every time, your highness...

Joking aside, you around the Roost the weekend of 4/16 Dan? If so, I'll have a group at Motel 6. Would be great to see you again and catch up. We'll be doing the evening potluck and fire. You are welcome to hit some canyons with us too. It's been a while...

Later,
    A.J.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ

If you want to move my 6K+ photos, I'll switch hosts.

I'll try to remember to post the dummy account for you every time, your highness...

Joking aside, you around the Roost the weekend of 4/16 Dan? If so, I'll have a group at Motel 6. Would be great to see you again and catch up. We'll be doing the evening potluck and fire. You are welcome to hit some canyons with us too. It's been a while...

Later,
    A.J.
    i won't switch your hosts, but consider using picasa. it is so dang simple, even if you uploaded to snapfish and picasa, it would take like 12 more seconds.

as for 4/16, i will be in cedar mesa. it has definitely been awhile. when you going back for the cricket again?

btw, great photos. glad i got to see them

so what's the story on lost spring forks? anyone done them?

Thanks for the dummy link.... you have to remember that most of us on Bogley are mentally challenged.... that's why we are here...

So yeah... you probably need to post the dummy account every time.

The pics are nice.

I'll try to get the Lost Springs routes added to Climb-Utah within the next week. They are currently sitting in the to-do pile that is building up fast on my desk.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    I'll try to get the Lost Springs routes added to Climb-Utah within the next week. They are currently sitting in the to-do pile that is building up fast on my desk.

Are you the only person in recorded history to actually go all the way through the slot?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia
    Are you the only person in recorded history to actually go all the way through the slot?
    Don't be a retard.... just sayin' I'll post a route description within the next few days for anyone who might be interested.... for those not interested please feel free to skip ahead to the next post.

lol. he's not being a retard. he is asking you if you have actually made it all the way through the slot, as there is a history of folks only looking at it... (i.e. kelsey)

My apologies.... I guess I missed the memo...