Thread: A good closer for the Beav

A good closer for the Beav

Man what a great week of snow for last week at the Beaver.

Monday we had around 8" of new semi heavy stuff on top of spring thawed and frozen junk. If you kept up the speed you could stay on top of it though. Turned out to be a great day of clean but difficult turns. No one was there either and I had fresh lines all day long. Really burned up the legs though.

Yesterday.....OMG....20+ inches of fantastic pow. I wasn't planning on going again until tomorrow. Their "Big Air Day". But with that kind of pow I had to do it. My legs were still hurting from Mondays workout and they only held up for half a day. But wow...what a half of a day it was. Knee to waist deep with the occasional face shot.

Tomorrow they have the big air and pond skim contest. It was supposed to be their last day but due to this new snow they are going to open next Friday and Saturday "in appreciation for the season pass holders".

Thanks Ted!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You suck.

I am headed up to Sundance for a little company r&r on Thursday. I hope it isn't all chopped up by then.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    NICE!! I wanted to go so badly on Thursday but I ran in to complications. Maybe Sunday I will get another half day in. I can't bike... so I might as well ski.
    Chere'

Yep our skiing is coming to and end. Looks like I'm not going to the Big Air Day today. My buddy canceled on me and I should probably try to catch up for taking Monday and part of Thursday off. So far with my season pass I am down to about $18.5 per day. Not too bad.

Biking up Logan way is going to be awhile. Even Perry Canyon has several weeks before it will be worth riding. Man I am so itching to get out and ride my newish Heckler. But until then I will be hitting the slopes I guess.

So far this year I think I have 14 days at the Beav and 4 days at the Basin. I'm shootin for 20 days.

I have 18 at the Basin, 2 at Brian Head 3 at Brighton. I need to get 2 more days in at Basin to make this pass at least worth it. So tomorrow for a bit and then maybe one more day on Thursday. I never did make it to Powder :( ... that is two seasons now I have not been up there. I love Powder.
    Chere'

Beaver was open yesterday and is open again today.

Yesterday ranked in the top 3 ski days I have ever had. They were closed last Sunday thru Thursday and had gained close to 30 inches of new snow during the closure. There was about 8 inches on nice fluffy on top of 20+ inches of settled powder. Not very many people either. I was able to find fresh wide open turns all day long. It was incredible. If you hit your turns hard enough you could dig in real deep in the firmer underneath snow and get some really good spring out of the skis and actually get some pretty good air which would set you up for another deep turn.

Man it was oooohhhhhh sooooo much fun.

Chere'