Thread: Moab biking video

Moab biking video

A few weeks ago my buddy and I headed down to Moab to take a break from the snow and do some mountain biking with our dogs. We Rode the Klondike Bluffs trail outside of Arches and rode the baby steps single track back to the car, it was a lot of fun.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Chere'

Having the dogs in the video was fun to watch. I imagine it is fun having them on the trail as well.

What kind of concerns do they cause if any as far as hydration and keeping cool (when puddles aren't to be found). Do they get in the way very often, slow you down, mess you up?

What have you done to train them to run off leash while you ride without taking off on you? Ever have any problems with them and other bikers/dogs/wildlife?

Water is the biggest issue with the dogs. I carry a lot and most of it goes to them. This day was a cool 55 and it was nice to find a few potholes for them to cool off in. I did take my dog on the porcupine rim trail once and that wasn't a good idea, he did fine but it was a bit much, I gave all but a few gulps of the water. I really don't bike much anymore, so the dog doesn't either.

They really aren't much of a problem, they fall behind on the fast downhill sections but on tech sections and uphills they are faster than me. My dog is the black one, he's a smart guy and I'll just give a shout and he'll give me room to pass. I got him at the pound at 6 months old and he's been glued to my side since, wants to go everywhere with me, so no training needed. He'll run after other dogs for a second but when we're moving, his priority is the trail.

When I use to take him in Mill Creek canyon when he was younger, he barked some hikers off the trail as we came cruising by downhill. I felt kind of bad, but it helped us out and they didn't mind too much.

I'm looking forward to riding that again sometime very soon.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Great video. I forget, GoPro helmetcam? or something else? I've had my eye on those for a few months.

What's the soundtrack? .... and are they part of the Warner Music Group? I'm searching for music that YouTube won't have a problem with.

V.I.O. POV.1

The music is Black Crowes - My Morning Song. I just use music I have on my computer. I have about 15 videos on my youtube site and only one Jane's Addiction song was rejected.

Great Vid.

The VIO rocks. They just announced the POV 1.5.
    It has a much more flexible cable and connector on the cam head.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

I can hardly wait to get down there and shoot some video with my GoPro. Very nice. I've always wanted to do Baby Steps.
    ...oh yeah, Beech, I have a GoPro Hero Wide angle in stock right now. Pm me if you want to 'discuss' price.

Nicely done! I know MANY bikers that think this trail is beneath them but I actually really like it. Because it's fairly short and fast it's a perfect second ride for the day. For instance, do Slickrock in the morning and Klondike in the afternoon. Perfect!
    Are we there yet?